Just For Him

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by S700KY, Oct 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. S700KY

S700KY Member

Today I received my OMG Sampler pack containing Lifesaver, Spiced Rum, Butter Scotch, Clove and Cinnamon Cordial. Each sample pack will fill two regular bowls. Just as well as I only have two pipes lol.

I will try each in my Cob and Meer Lined Olive Wood to see how we go. I had to put the Spiced Rum and Butter Scotch out to dry for a day as they are very moist and wont burn too good.

I have also on order the Blueberry and Aromatic sampler packs,

I shall smoke each one and give it a taste and burn score out of 5. 1 being ****e and 5 being "Please Sir, can I have some more"?

Just For Him can be found CLICKING HERE

2. ted

ted Member

Paul, about a month ago I tried 10 of those tiny sample packs from Just for Him. They were so small I couldn't decide whether I liked them or not. The only one in common so far is Lifesaver. That cherry will test you.
    I had much better success with Milan Tobacconist. Their samples are one ounce... enough to try. The price for the "tinys" from JFH, and the ounces from Milan were about the same. Ultimately bought about 2 pounds from Milan and gave away the JFH samples.
    Hope you find something that you really like. If not try Milan.... ted

3. Pschoppy48

Pschoppy48 Member

Paul,

I agree with Ted. I bought a sampler from Milan and have been enjoying them for awhile now. You may also want to check the link I am going to post as these samplers are 2oz and the price is not bad. Here the link http://www.pipesandcigars.com/samplers.html

4. Unforgivin

Unforgivin Active Member

I picked up their "Middle Earth" sampler about 2 weeks ago. STM and Ruins of Isenguard tasted a lot alike to me. I thought "Longbottom leaf" was the best by far.

5. S700KY

S700KY Member

Thanks guys I will try this site you suggested as it sound real good.

I smoke half the life saver in my Cob tonight and have to give it a 4 on taste and 5 on burn. It went to the bottom of the bowl leaving me just ash and was real good, no tongue bite.

1 down, 4 to go lol.

6. S700KY

S700KY Member

Ok, today I smoke Cinnamon Cordial in my Cob and gave it 3 on taste and 5 on burn, went real good and never went out.

I also smoked Clove in my Meer. OMG! This is a 5 x 5. It is moist but not over moist that you have to dry it out first, it packed well, it smelt of clove before you lit it, while it was burning, and you could taste Clove on your tongue with NO bite. I love it, and could smoke this all day.

The packing method I use is gravity feed the bowl to the top, tamp to half way, fill again and tamp to 3/4, then fill again and tamp to just below the rim. Good charing light and tamp while smoking. This works for me for a constant smoke, light once and away you go.

7. ted

ted Member

Dummy calling Paul... Been trying to get a PM with your address for a while... Got a few pipes to put into your rotation. Just a PM with address and they are gone gone gone... ted

8. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

It's a blast to try new stuff ! IRC has a create your own sampler ... four 1.5 oz bags for 18.00 . The Butered Rum is out of sight !

9. Mister Moo

Mister Moo Normal Cow Moderator

Someone gave me a bag of Just For Him samples (the two-bowl per baggie jobbies). First guy with less than 50-posts to ask can have it.

10. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

Lemme see if I can get my chihuahua to join PSF............

Moo, that's a very generous offer especially since you just gave away some nicely aged Escudo....... Hopefully it'll go to a contributing (as in info/help/$-support) PSF member rather than some greedy "drive-by'r" who frequents/lurks several piper forums just looking for freebies and hot-off-the-presses of new toby shipment locations/info.....and there are a few of them around.

:velho:
    Ed Puff!
    cogito ergo puff

11. S700KY

S700KY Member

I'll give it a good home Moo, I'm have ing a great two weeks off work, relaxing and trying out all these different Toby's in my pipe, while working on the bike in the garage.

12. Mister Moo

reply with mailing info to: xenawarriorcat@hotmail.com

This is five bags of Lord of the Rings stuff.

13. ted

ted Member

Hang in Paul... till you get a few pipes from me. New pipes, new tobacco (thanks Mr. Moo).... What a combo... ted

14. S700KY

S700KY Member

Hey guys you are so kind to help this newbe on his way, thanks you so much.

I have read some great reviews on here and have ordered a Falcon Extra with a Carbon Fibre bowl. My Dad (Who passed away in 1974) alway smoked his Falcon and I have dear memories of this, so as I have followed in his footsteps as I have gotten older it seam quite fitting.

15. Mister Moo

Outbound via first class US mail today.

16. S700KY

S700KY Member

Thanks again guys. I am going great guns with my little sample packs. So for I have fallen in love with 'Clove' and 'Old Toby's Stash'. So it looks like Blueberry Aromatics are the one for me, with Clove being an exception lol. So on that not I am looking forward to trying 'Blue Balls' and 'Riptide'

My least favourite so far is 'Spiced Rum'. Hell that one is not for me!

I drove my car to the reservoir today, got my camping seat out the boot, lit up my Gasparini Meer lined full of 'Old Toby's Stash' and was in heaven with blue sky, sunshine rippling across the water and the birds singing. I should of smoked a pipe years ago lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.