1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

Just got a Falcon Coolway 12 for my first pipe :)

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by Ozimodo, Jun 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ozimodo

Ozimodo New Member

Hi,

When I purchased the pipe my tobacconist thought that it was made from briar wood (which by all accounts is a good thing), and he is of course probably right but to look at you would swear it was plastic. Even tapping it makes a sound like plastic. This is the pipe - http://www.thebackyshop.co.uk/products/falcon-coolway-straight-saddle-stem-12-briar-smoking-pipe# has anyone had any experience with the Coolway pipe range, are the bowls indeed made of wood??

Thanks

2. IrishRover

IrishRover Active Member

I've never smoke one of those or, have any knowledge of them. Although, it is a nice looking pipe.

3. Iain

Iain Active Member

I haven't smoked one, but I know they are made of briar. The Coolway range are in budget territory and Falcon are more well known for their aluminium stem pipes but I see no reason why a Coolway shouldn't give you a good smoke.

4. 1858remington

1858remington Active Member

I might have a hard time unscrewing that bowl:xd:

Smokey Tom likes this.
  5. Ozimodo

Ozimodo New Member

Good to hear its made of wood, thanks. The idea of smoking in a plastic bowl was not very appealing :)

I like the shape of it. Bowl seemed a bit deep when I was trying to light it, couldnt see what was going on, but it was only my first try so I'm sure my technique will improve :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.