1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

Just had to do it

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by Njemt527, Aug 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Njemt527

Njemt527 Member

So, on the 12th of August I went and picked up my birthday gift to myself. A Peterson 80s. I really really wanted one, so I splurged. From first light, I fell in love with the way it smoked. So I wanted another. But I wanted an estate, to fix up and be my own. I got won this one on Ebay for less than 28 dollars US including shipping. It's gonna need a little work, but its got potential. I'm thinking either cordovan leather red or emerald green. What do you all think

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...139146&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT#ht_500wt_1154

2. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

great price for that one. Well done.

dp

3. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

SCORE! Good deal and quite a B-day for you or at least going to be. Cool! "Happy birthday to me" is always the best! :velho:

:velho:
    Ed Puff!
    cogito ergo puff

4. chambers11283

chambers11283 Member

Man that is a great deal you got there man, and happy late b-day btw. But this is just my humble opinion but i would go emerald green, it would be a very unique color for a pipe given that you very rarely ever see a green pipe. And given the fact that you do a great job restoreing pipes it should turn out great!!!!! Cant wait to see some pics of it!!

5. Falconeer

Falconeer Active Member

Hi All,

Well done you again! I always think the one you have and Peterson's 999 shape are some of the nicest classic shapes they make and with a bit of care and attention that'll come out really nicely. Me, I'd do it a reddy/black which'd set off the shape nicely and add to that "Classic Look"

Good luck with the restoration and do post pix!

Best to all

Gerry

6. Unforgivin

Unforgivin Active Member

Oh man! A steal for 20 bucks and change! :)

7. Mister Moo

Mister Moo Normal Cow Moderator

Looks like a rock solid classic that should clean up line new. Nice get.

8. raf66

raf66 Member

Very nice, and a great deal to boot. Good on ya.

9. Jay

Jay Active Member

I love singing 'happy birthday to me, happy birthday to me' you did good I'd totally go with that finish that Gondar had on his poker, the huge contrast is stunning! Nice pipe!

Jason

10. Smokingmiami

Smokingmiami Member

Great looking Pete!!! And for $22, you can not beat it!!! Talk about a great way to satisfy some PAD. :)

11. Joew

Joew Member

Nice Now I gatta get shopping :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.