Just ordered a MM grab bag...

Status
Not open for further replies.

wooda2008

Underwater Basketweaver
Bought myself a bag last weekend, and received it yesterday. I'll post a pic when my post count is high enough. I was surprised that they included an Ozark Hardwood in the mix. Has a light spot with the stain but otherwise perfect.

All but 1 of the flaws involved the airway being too far in, not far enough, or slightly rotated. Stupid easy fix.

The diplomat is my favorite so far. I'm in heaven.

Take 15% off Cigar Gifts! Use Promo Code: GIFT15 at cart

Archi77

My grab bag just came today!

Washington straight x1
Ozark Mountain Hardwood straight x2
Country Gent bent x1
Eaton straight x1
Pony Express straight x3
Legend bent x2

Good variety! Some are more noticeable "seconds" than others, but they all look smokable to me! Can't wait to get home and load one up. Going to pick up some CH on the way home and try it, as I've never done so...

Dimik

Man!
Everyone is getting such variety! Now I'm feeling even more bummed out about getting a bag full of Legends. They smoke great, but still! Hehehe.

IKEE

I got my grab bag!
Cherry Ozark Mountain
Maple Ozark Mountain
Mini
General
4 Legends
And two I haven't figured out yet. They are tapered from the top.
Anyway, I'm pleased but check out the trade forum for a proposed swap!
I'm just not a fan of the Ozark Mountains or the Mini!

IKEE

My head hurts.
I think what I called "Legends" were "Washingtons".
The unidentified ones were "Legends".
I've been staring at Google Images and I THINK this is right!

Got my (first) grab bag today. It contained one Diplomat (straight), one General, five Legends (two bent, three straight, one cob (natural) with rounded bowl and short bit and two different Ozark Mountain Hardwood. All pipes look OK to me and I look forward to smoking them. I wouldn´t hesitate to order another grab bag.

Coda

My head hurts.
I think what I called "Legends" were "Washingtons".
The unidentified ones were "Legends".
I've been staring at Google Images and I THINK this is right!
The current Washington and Legend pipes are mostly identical. The major difference is that the Legends have a yellow lacquer added (in a cement mixer), while the Washingtons are clear coated...

IKEE

I barely have the self control to abstain from ordering another grab bag...
Yep. I'm sort of out of control.

Within the past week, I've ordered a grab bag, 3 MM's with Forever Stems, 4 from Aristocob, and picked up 4 from CVS! I DID give one of the ones from CVS to a cig smoking friend!
Still looking to trade off those Ozark Hardwoods though!

I really should have ordered som extra danish bits when I ordered my grab bag. Thats remedied now... and another grab bag is on it´s way.

I'd love a grab bag!! Seems like a great idea (a lucky dip of cobs, what could be better!?)

Does anyone know anything about availibility of the grab bags in the UK?

Status
Not open for further replies.