Just ordered a new altinok

Status
Not open for further replies.

rondel65

Misplaces Lighters
Congrats! That is one beautiful pipe. Bet you can't wait to start putting a nice tan on it. I seem to remember it took around five days or so for my Altinoks to arrive here in Texas once they shipped.

Eric Pierson

Resident Giant
Five days would be great. I could take it hunting next week. I ordered my last one to be carved and I think the whole process took like two months, so five days would be incredible.

t-bear

All of mine took from six to ten days. Sometimes they get hung up in customs though, so it could take a bit longer. Hope it makes in time for the hunt.

dmkerr

PG- free since '83!
Staff member
I seen your post and was concerned. Was your a ready pipe or was a custom carved? How did that work out for you?
Not to answer for Mak, but custom carves may vary somewhat from the photos. And if Altinok uses stock photos for their pipes, even a ready pipe could be different from what you see. Usually the diffs are far from dramatic. Unfortunately for Mak, his was one of the exceptions.

Eric Pierson

Resident Giant
Not to answer for Mak, but custom carves may vary somewhat from the photos. And if Altinok uses stock photos for their pipes, even a ready pipe could be different from what you see. Usually the diffs are far from dramatic. Unfortunately for Mak, his was one of the exceptions.
I have some hope that the photo is the pipe I will get as Mak's pipe that he returned (the mistake) is now pictured as a ready pipe. So at least with that one, they are showing the actual pipe. I will see. I will certainly put up some pics once I receive.

dmkerr

PG- free since '83!
Staff member
I have some hope that the photo is the pipe I will get as Mak's pipe that he returned (the mistake) is now pictured as a ready pipe. So at least with that one, they are showing the actual pipe. I will see. I will certainly put up some pics once I receive.
Ah, good point. Yep, show us the goods when you get it!

Eric Pierson

Resident Giant
Ugh . . . It is still not here. Although it was shipped immediately by Altinok, it still has not registered by the tracking number yet. I don't know if this is due to customs or what, but I remember this long wait last time. Anyway, Sinan picked up this thread and sent me an email assuring me that my pipe looks close to that pictured as he personally inspected it before shipping. He did say there was a slight difference in the bend. I will post pics when I receive.

BradNTX

Ugh . . . It is still not here. Although it was shipped immediately by Altinok, it still has not registered by the tracking number yet. I don't know if this is due to customs or what, but I remember this long wait last time. Anyway, Sinan picked up this thread and sent me an email assuring me that my pipe looks close to that pictured as he personally inspected it before shipping. He did say there was a slight difference in the bend. I will post pics when I receive.
If yours is anything like mine, it didn't say "in transit" for a long time. Then it said it was in transit long after it was delivered to my mail box. I think my pipe took 3.5 weeks to ship, and Sinan put it in the mail the day after I ordered it

Eric Pierson

Resident Giant
If yours is anything like mine, it didn't say "in transit" for a long time. Then it said it was in transit long after it was delivered to my mail box. I think my pipe took 3.5 weeks to ship, and Sinan put it in the mail the day after I ordered it
Yeah, it sounds like I will be waiting a few weeks yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.