1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

Just smoked with my new MM ozark mountain hardwood pipe

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by sonsw87, Mar 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sonsw87

sonsw87 Member

And I must say I LOVED IT. What a great pipe for a great price. I got two more MM cobbs coming cant wait! Also is there anything I should be careful or know about when Im smoking a MM pipes? I do not know much about the MM pipes...

Thanks

OldSchool, Aristocob and Elwin like this.

2. Lestrade

Lestrade Active Member

Glad you enjoyed it!

3. DGErwin11

DGErwin11 Moderator Moderator

Treat them with respect. Don't over smoke them. Enjoy

lokismile, Aristocob and Elwin like this.
  4. lokismile

lokismile Member

Is this one still holding well for you? can you burn her more than once a day? Does the tobac fire all the way down, with a smooth smoke flow into the stem? I've been pondering two for $10 on Aristocob, but for the price + shipping that's half a cheap briar at my local shop. I'm torn.

Aristocob likes this.
  5. sonsw87

sonsw87 Member

I'm not a experienced smoker but imo I think they smoke really good. It won't last as much as briar but for the price you can replace them pretty often.

Aristocob and lokismile like this.
  6. fallsguy

fallsguy Member

Aristocob has a series of videos on YouTube that will educate you quite well on the subject of the MM Corn Cob. Here's the link to one of them. After that, just follow the trails to the rest of them. Hope this helps.

OldSchool, Preacher1611 and Aristocob like this.
  7. sonsw87

sonsw87 Member

haha I actually watched all of his vids last nite. They are very informative. Thanks

8. sonsw87

sonsw87 Member

And Aristocob actually liked my posting lol Are you the guy in the vid? If you are, thanks for making those vids!

Aristocob likes this.
  9. Lestrade

Lestrade Active Member

Cool videos!

Aristocob likes this.
  10. MacNutz

MacNutz Active Member

Aristocob is a fount of information re smoking and maintaining cobs. I've watched ALL of his Youtube vids. Useful, informative, and often just fun to watch.
    I haven't tried any of the Ozark mountain wood pipes yet. May add one to my next cob order

Aristocob likes this.
  11. lokismile

lokismile Member

I'm sold on trying one of the economical little Ozark pups. My local shop was out, so I picked up this Italian basket-pipe instead; here it is juxtaposed in size to the MM Great Dane I received from Aristocob last week.

[​IMG]

I wanted something compact and light and this Italian I've named Caprice (meaning "impulsive" lol) certainly fits that bill. At $20, however, it will be interesting to see how she does in comparison to a $5 Ozark Mountain.
    I'll place another order soon -- I need a MM Diplomat, just because. Will share my thoughts later for new smokers like myself.

Piperatthegates likes this.
  12. ShilohHollow

ShilohHollow Anchors Aweigh

That's a good looking briar. Heat up that stem and add a slight bend and it'll be a darn good looking briar.

Rewster66 and lokismile like this.
  13. Aristocob

Aristocob Member

Whoops, I'm just now rechecking this thread and hadn't seen your question. Yep, that's me.

14. Preacher1611

Preacher1611 Active Member

MM pipes are great! I have 2 Washington Cobs and one Hardwood, all great smokers. :puffy:

colorduke likes this.
  15. homebrewer

homebrewer Member

I just got one of these. Smoked it only once, but so far I am liking it.

colorduke likes this.
  16. Sly2517

Sly2517 Member

I have a maple hardwood and it smokes great I also have, the Legend, the Patriot, the Great Dane and the Diplomat. All of them are great pipes.

17. Hawkwood

Hawkwood Member

I keep a MM hardwood in the glove compartment for surprise interstate traffic jams.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.