Just wanted to introduce myself

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by Taylor, Nov 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Taylor

Taylor Member

Flee markets, that is a really good idea

*rubs chin*

2. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Sales Account

I've bought pipes at flea markets, antique stores, estate auctions, pipe shops in Canada, Germany, and Scotland, and from any number of internet vendors. The internet guyz is bad cuz they takes my preciousss VISA!

3. jpberg

jpberg Moderator Moderator

Taylor, it's really easy to wake up one morning and count 100 pipes in your racks. Once you get the fever, it's hard to be rational.

You are asking really smart questions in your smoking infancy. That's good. If I'd had a place like this available when I started out I would have stumbled a lot fewer times.

Guys like Strongirish, who handle more pipes than most vendors, and Sasquatch, who can for some reason build an almost perfect pipe, can really keep you straight and help you off to a good start.

My only advice, and it's not universally accepted, would be to buy the absolutely best pipes that you can afford. Best meaning best performing. I've thrown out more pipes than most people will ever own, save yourself the headache and get the most enjoyment you can.

4. Taylor

Taylor Member

yeah, i totally agree with that statement, i bought a few lots off ebay thinking it could be a good way to try alot of different pipes.

And aside from the massive amount of cleaning I have had to do, it has been that.

I think I have a few pipes sitting around here that are decent. But I also have a few that I am not so sure about.

here on forward I want to focus on buying decent pipes, saving money for good purchases

5. Dottle_Dan

Dottle_Dan Member

Welcome Taylor! I think that you'll find pretty soon you will also suffer from P.A.D. and have plenty of pipes. This is a wonderful community. I'm sure you'll be happy here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.