1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

Kaywoodie Love

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by Indy, Sep 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Indy

Indy Member

I’ve had some time over the weekend to smoke a new to me meer-lined kwood 69 flame grain. Long and short: it is the best smoking pipe I have (although I only have 4 others). I think it is a combination of factors.
    Relatively square bowl, meerschaum, and the (gasp) dreaded stinger. Any thoughts on which variable might be the largest contributing factor?

2. user0003

user0003 Well-Known Member

hee...hee......another 'Woodiehead' in the fold.

3. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

Ssssshhh ...... Dont tell anyone . Us Woodieheads are wanting to keep a low profile ... when ya reply , just say that .. I must have lucked out and got a good one ! ;)

4. soundlzrd

soundlzrd Active Member

Glad someone having good luck with kaywoodys. I bought one and it smoked hot and gurrled badly. And I know I wasn't smoking fast, it was a group 2 size and took almost an hour to smoke. Been reluctant to try another.

5. Indy

Indy Member

They suck....I was wrong and wish to recant my previous statement. I must have lucked out and got a good one!;) (ruffinogold)

mtsgsd and ruffinogold like this.
  6. Iain

Iain Active Member

My Kaywoodie 22 is a pretty good smoker and personally I like having the stinger intact.

7. ruffinogold

Nah , they suck .. [​IMG]

Rymw, Bri2k, user1975 and 3 others like this.
  8. Charles

Charles Member

I will give you my first born for that sculpted head! That's amazing!!! I want it! Where can I get one?!

9. ruffinogold

I see them on ebay at times . It's an awsome pipe ! The detail on it is very good too . The one thats most rare is the Meer/poker .

I'm glad yer digging your Kaywoodie , Indy .... they are the most underrated pipe there is .... and thats a good thing :thu2:

10. user0003

Gotta love that 13b.......I've got a good half dozen and love every one.

11. Indy

Indy Member

At this pont, if I could only have one pipe...it would be the one. I would love to fined a meer lined canadian (pipe not person :byg:). Does anybody know if they made one?

12. ruffinogoldswife

ruffinogoldswife The Mayor's Wife

The one at the bottom in the middle is a meer lined and it's mine!!:) It's the one Ruffino gave me when I said I wanted one to call my own. Pretty pipe, huh?

Rymw likes this.
  13. user1975

user1975 Active Member

Nice pipes Ruffi, I've never had a Kaywoodie, maybe I'm missing out on something.

14. Indy

Indy Member

Cool. Now I can start looking for one. There has been some great chatter in this thread but not comments as to why it smokes so well. Maybe its a combination of all the mfg parameters?

15. ruffinogold

Thats a good question . I'll search through the old Kaywoodie shape charts [ It's something I do often ] and see what I find . Off the top of my head , kaywoodie didnt/dosent make many Canadians to begin with and I dont think I've ever seen one . Dosent mean it's not out there .

16. Bri2k

Bri2k Active Member

It's great to have another fan of Kaywoodies around! I can't speak to your specific pipe, Indy, but all the Kaywoodies in my collection are excellent smokers and a superb value too.

There are Kaywoodie Canadians out there, but I can't recall ever seeing one meer-lined. One of my favorites is a smooth one and I came across a N.O.S. Fine Line Canadian on ebay last year which I dedicated to Presbyterian which really makes this blend sing!

May you continue to enjoy your Kaywoodie for years to come!

Bri2k

P.S. Don Ruffino, that's a right impressive lineup of Kaywoodies you've got there. Many would give their eye teeth for such a collection!

17. Jayson H Bucy

Jayson H Bucy Member

I bought a Kaywoodie as my first pipe and was having terrible issues with it. The one I bought has some sort of weird attachment between the shaft and stem that is metal and holds heat bad. Maybe I bought a dude but it left a sour taste in my mouth (no pun intended).

I was going to ask if everyone thought it might just be the one I've got because I see a lot of people that do like them.

18. mtsgsd

mtsgsd Active Member

No, Jayson, they are all like that. Really. Best not to try another. People really hate Kaywoodies, and some of the more mean spirited will try to lure innocent pipe smokers into buying them just out sheer vileness.
    Really, it's best just to leave them (all) to us.;)

I've got a really interesting Magnum on the way from ebay. Should get it by the end of the week. Too bad it won't be any good, but I felt it was the right thing to do to help that poor owner divest himself of the pipe. I'm such a saint. :whis:

ruffinogold likes this.
  19. Indy

Indy Member

mtsgsd, I think you are mistaken. They don’t sell Kwoods on ebay. Those are cheap Chinese knock-offs smoked to “estate condition” by children using a blend of Latakia and manure.

20. user0003

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.