1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

Kaywoodie with a single dot

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by User3940, May 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. User3940

User3940 Active Member

I have an older Kaywoodie that has the logo on the left side of the stem, and just forward of the logo is a single white dot. It is not a blemish in the stem, but a very clearly made white dot.

Anyone know what this denotes. I have checked the standard logo sites and find no mention of it anywhere.

Thanks.

2. JoeSmall

JoeSmall Member

Kwguy might know, that's kinda his thing.

MikeInMaine likes this.
  3. User3940

User3940 Active Member

Well I hope he sees and replies to this post. Got me curious.

4. Thuber88

Thuber88 Active Member

Mr Mayor might know as well, hes a Kaywoodite too

5. User3940

User3940 Active Member

Mr. Mayor, what say you?

6. lifeon2

lifeon2 Member

Got any pics?

7. User3940

User3940 Active Member

Here ya go.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Rymw likes this.
  8. furious

furious Junque collector

That is odd indeed. I have a few pipes with funky replacement stems that have unusual marks but nothing from KW like that.

9. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

Kaywoodie , unlike Dunhill , didn't catalog every little thing .. at least I don't think they did . I've seen shape charts , charts of all names that Kaywoodie produced etc .. and still found pipes that was in neither , usually in old catalogs of tobacconist shops . Just because I haven't seen it dosent mean it's not listed somewhere .. I wish the Kaywoodie Compendium was still up on the net cause it had some info on some unique stuff too , but I don't remember it all , and if it ever comes online again ... I'm printing it out . I've seen where pipes had a dot on the stem to make it easy to line up the stem w/ the shank and the little dot looks like one of those .. but I doubt Kaywoodie would need one being that model screws in and has the clover as well .
    Anyway , is there any other stamping . like is it stamped Super Grain etc .. If there isn't any stamping on the shank then I would be inclined to think that it was either buffed out of someone resanded and stained it .. if that were the case , maybe there was a blemish on the stem and that was repaired as well [ ? ]
    I'm stretching as I really don't know

10. lifeon2

lifeon2 Member

All the new kaywoodie info is being compiled on a new forum Bill is one of the biggest contributors there but we arent supposed to mention other forums

11. SthrnMan

SthrnMan Member

I wish there was a book or website that had a complete pipe catalog. I have spent hours trying to information such as this.

12. User3940

User3940 Active Member

Left side is stamped Kaywoodie with Imported Briar beneath it. The right side as a dot then the number 33 stamped on it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.