1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

KBB/Kaywoodie info needed

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by Johnny, Jan 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Johnny

Johnny Member

Hi guys,
    I won this pipe a couple days ago and was wondering what it is. I'm pretty sure it's a KBB but it's listed as a Yello-Bole. I can't tell from the nomenclature but I don't see Yello-Bole stamped on it. Looks like KBB Rocky Briar.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/1940s-vinta...XJ6QQIE6fTuvUx7GURuFNYs=&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

2. lifeon2

lifeon2 Member

It is a KBB Yelo Bole after 1955 they lost the dual nomenclature so yours is pre 55 at least. Thats the best I can do without seeing it better.

3. Johnny

Johnny Member

I'll try to get some pictures when I get it. It's supposed to arrive on Monday. What am I looking for on this to see if it's the pre 1955?

4. lifeon2

lifeon2 Member

5. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

If it were a Kaywoodie it would have a clover logo on the stem or shank . It's a Yellow Bowl , and a nice old one !!

6. Johnny

Johnny Member

Thanks guys, I think I did pretty good then for ten bucks

7. lifeon2

lifeon2 Member

no doubt about it.

8. Johnny

Johnny Member

My eyes aren't the best but the bowl looks unsmoked

9. Pappy

Pappy Member

The bottom of the bowl is dark. I think it's been reamed clean. I've seen that often on eBay pipes. Not a problem, just want you to be aware that it may be a possibility.

10. Johnny

Johnny Member

Ok, the pipe came in yesterday and only says "KBB Rocky Briar" with a patent number on it. No shape number and no mention of Yello Bole at all. I'm thinking it may be a KBB like this one on the bay http://www.ebay.com/itm/110999355327?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

I'm also cleaning this up and there is still stain in the bowl and shank. It's probably refinished or something. The stem had a bit of brown in it and a little bit off teeth marks but the bowl and shank is all red stain.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.