Keeping the Doctor away!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wildcat

Say what now?
Middleton's Apple...

Often favored by new smokers and soon forgotten and later maligned by the same folks, as time and experience jade the brain. Why all the hate?

New smokers enjoy it because it's mild, has no bite, lights easy and stays lit. Aren't those all good thing still? Sure, it doesn't taste just like apple pie or apple Jolly Ranchers for that matter, but it's got a mild, natural, apple like sweetness that doesn't cover up the taste of tobacco (Burley and Virginia) and that too is a good thing.

Like many, Apple was the first pipe tobacco I ever bought. I liked it for all the above reasons and still do. I love them both, but it can't be whiskey and hot sauce all the time... a glass of milk and a PB&J is good now and again too. I always keep Apple on hand. Light it and go. No surprises and that's good. Plus, I love first whiff when opening the pouch with it's great artwork!

Any fans willing to admit they are still fans?

Tired of it? My mailbox is always open!

Take 15% off Cigar Gifts! Use Promo Code: GIFT15 at cart

Coda

Ive always been curious. If my B&M had it, I would grab some...but I can never justify adding it to an online order for some reason...

ruffinogold

Mayor
Thanks for writing about this blend ! I'm going to go buy a pouch just cause you brought it up . I try it every few years and have to admit it's been awhile . The room note is really stellar and it was sweet to my taste . I think I know a store that carries it , if not , I'll add it to my next online order .......

Middletons Apple .. How American is that !

Moose

This was the first pipe tobacco I ever tried. I have a new pouch in my mancave waiting on just the right time to enjoy it.

5H4N3

I've always enjoyed Middletons Apple.
Not an every day smoke for me, but i usually have some in stock, and enjoy it as an every once in a while kind of thing.
Thanks to you, I'm going to enjoy a bowl right now.

Wildcat

Say what now?
Last I had it , it was very brightly colored ribbon with none or almost no black Cavendish ... is it still like that ?
Visually speaking, think of Middleton's Cherry Blend. Almost identical looking in IMO.

On that note, spent yesterday with Apple and I'm smoking Cherry Blend today.

This was my first pipe tobacco. Tried it in a cob probably back in '89 or '90. Put me right off the pipe.

Tried it again, with a new cob, ten or twelve years ago. Same deal. I distinctly remember tossing both.

Now that I've somewhat figured out how to smoke a pipe I decided to try it again last weekend. Not bad, mild tobacco with a hint of apple to it. I'll finish off the pouch but I don't think it'll ever be a 'go to' for me.

DakOOk

Like Capt 1* I was probably 12 yo last time I smoked it.:eek: Use to get it at Eckart's drug store, for my dad of course. I need to get a pouch to revisit my misplaced youth. Also got a tub of Sugar Barrel recently and the tub note reminds me of something from that era but can't place my finger on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.