Kentucky Club Mild

Discussion in 'OTC Over the counter tobacco' started by Otoolefan, Aug 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Otoolefan

Otoolefan Member

Kentucky Club Continental Blend is one of my favorite smokes... My fondness for it makes me want to try Kentucky Club Mild. Sadly, as far as I can tell, the iconic 1.5 oz box has been discontinued and it's only available in a 14oz tub.

I tried a pouch of this many moons ago when I was about 18... All I remember about it was it came in a blue pouch, was cut very fine, and was very dry. I may have got an old pouch, and I'm sure this was before it was a Middleton product.

Just wondering if anyone on here smokes this blend or has smoked and what their thoughts on it are...

Wildcat and colorduke like this.

2. colorduke

colorduke Active Member

Don,I still smoke it every now and then and still buy it in the pouch.I would describe it as a med white burley,it can bite if puffed to fast,but all in all it's a good ol OTC.

Wildcat likes this.
  3. Otoolefan

Otoolefan Member

You can still get the pouch? I thought it was discontinued in the pouch? If so, let me know, I'll send you the $$ for a pouch & postage...

4. Otoolefan

Otoolefan Member

What's the difference between white burley and just burley?

5. Wildcat

Wildcat Active Member

I enjoy KCM a lot. I find it on par with Velvet.

I would like to hear from smokers, like yourself Don, who smoke KC Continental Blend and or KC Mixture. I'd like to know how they compare in taste and room note. How they are different? Are they aromatic like SWRA or CB? "English" in nature? Etc...

6. beaupipe

beaupipe Active Member

I'm very fond of KC Continental, too. But I have to admit that I've never really been able to make the "Mild" work for me. It's not bad, but I do find it a little bland. I bought a tub a couple of years back and I don't find that I'm going through it very quickly. The Continental has more flavor to me (that subtly sweet coconut quality) and tends to smoke cooler. Of course, everyone reacts differently to such things.

I have no idea where you can buy a pouch of the Mild, though. Sorry.

Otoolefan likes this.
  7. Wildcat

Wildcat Active Member

What would you compare the Continental to?

8. beaupipe

beaupipe Active Member

KCC is really just a mild, lightly sweetened Burley. The ad-copy claims that it is a "European Cavendish" but that is misleading for most who associate the word "Cavendish" with post-Captain Black American aromatics. To me, it's very similar to Carter Hall. On occasion, I pick up the faint coconut top-note that is supposed to be there, but usually I don't.

9. Ephraim

Ephraim Member

White Burley is the most common used in blends. There are other varieties of Burley, such as Kentucky Red Burley. Other than that, I'm not sure about the differences.

10. Otoolefan

Otoolefan Member

Ditto on the coconut note. Every now and then I taste it. I think it's just such a great burning, cool smoking tobacco that I totally enjoy.

11. Otoolefan

Otoolefan Member

The key word for me for Kentucky Club Continental Blend is SMOOTH... Smoothest, coolest smoke around in my book! I love it.

colorduke and Wildcat like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.