Kingfisher frustration

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Glenn, Feb 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Glenn

Glenn Active Member

Alright, I rarely get ticked off by online etailers but I am a little peaved with one of the major tobacco etailers. Word goes out on the forums that Kingfisher is popping up here and there. Cool! I am really excited about it because I really, really enjoy Kingfisher. So I take a gander and find it available at one of the etailers. I place an order for 8 tins of Kingfisher, which is shown as being in stock, and a few other tins of this and that. I see there is more available at some other etailers but I have mine ordered so all is well and I don't order any more from anywhere else.

Then today I get the "Sorry but we are out of Kingfisher..." email. Why even have an ordering system that shows product as available or not available if it isn't going to be accurate?

So, I am a little bummed out. Now all the Kingfisher is gone and I got a big fat nothing. Nice.

OK, rant off. I feel better now that I have vented.

2. Mike Pomery

Mike Pomery Active Member

I think you problem may be, if your avatar is correct, finding any of your favourite tobacco in adequate quantities.

3. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Sales Account

Certain sites are notorious for not keeping up on the website with what's actually in stock - pipesandcigars.com for example have shipped any number of short-orders here with a sort of "yeah, uh, hey, we didn't have some of that stuff" kind of attitude.

In this particular case, I suspect vendors are listing the stuff, getting 200 orders in 10 minutes for the 40 tins they have, and then go about apologizing. It kind of sucks but with these weird delays and perceived shortages, everyone is trying to get their 8 tins....

4. BradNTX

BradNTX Well-Known Member

We need to find out where Puff lives in case things get real ugly with tobacco shortages. We'll be like zombies looking for brains! :xd:

5. Schmitz Bitz

Schmitz Bitz Member

You could always try calling the etailer's 1-800 number, often purveyors seem give priority on short-stock to people they have talked to in person, as opposed to received an email from.

6. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

No sweat guys....we'll have a grand time and smmoke a bunch o'weed and then smoke more weed! :) if that mushroom cloud is comin' ....come on by! We'll smoke & hunker down or bugout dependin' on the threat. Local b&m's of those that survive will still have pipe toby but it may not be what you really want. So, cellar now! Wide & Deep! ;)

Glenn, the same happened to me many times last year. The best way to order is by a direct call. Sure, it's easier to hit "checkout now" but speaking to someone there gives realtime verification that the toby you selected is indeed your toby. I believe it's still around and will be showing up on non-etail based tobacconists/b&m's. I'd bet the ones charging list or slightly above list due to taxes? :dunno: still have some/a bunch. ;)

:velho:
    Ed Puff!
    Cogito ergo puff

7. sounds7

sounds7 Member

Check your PMs

8. dmkerr

dmkerr PG- free since '83! Moderator

Hey, Sounds! Good to see you here! :thumbsu:

9. Glenn

Glenn Active Member

Well, it looks like the etailer in question is going to come thru for me afterall. I got another email that they had come up with enough to fill my order. I just emailed them back a few min ago and told them that I do still want it.

So we'll see, maybe I'll get some afterall.

10. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Sales Account

I, uh... I got a tin I could sell ya, Glenn? :whistle:

11. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

They do it to themselves imo . The shops [etail] should put limits per order on blends they know are gonna bolt . Or at least have a real time inventory program . One of the two or both would make things better for everyone . Certain Cigars back in the day were hard to come by during the boom . When I got them in I had to limit per customer . Some guys didnt like it cause they wanted to horde some away which is understandable . But a smoke shop is for all your customers . Gotta spread it around to as many as you can within reason . Thats what ya do if you like your customers . Imagine a guy walks in and wants pipe tobacco x and you say ..." oh , I just had 30 tins but I just sold them to joe blow 5 mins ago .. sorry man , you gotta be quick " ... " and please come back again " . To me , thats what they do if they dont limit a super hot item . Wouldnt be good business at a B&M for sure . But this is the new stuff now

12. sounds7

sounds7 Member

Thanks nice to see some familiar faces here as well

13. Legend

Legend Member

I just scored two tins at 4Noggins, and they have more on hand.

14. Glenn

Glenn Active Member

Thanks! I may go ahead and pick up a few more tins of it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.