1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

KIRSTEN PIPES...... STILL IN BUSINESS?

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by leonidas, Mar 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. leonidas

leonidas Member

...i sent an email to the good folks at Kirsten and i haven't received a response.

.......does anyone know if they are still in business?

2. Thuber88

Thuber88 Active Member

That would probably be a Yadan or 1858Remington question.

3. mtsgsd

mtsgsd Active Member

Last I saw they had decided to stop making new pipes. Before that, it was unclear because they needed to buy new tooling, but I guess it's decided now.

4. leonidas

leonidas Member

...........end of an era..............

5. BrucePerr

BrucePerr Member

Yep I think they are still in business just down the road from me. At least the web site is still functional http://www.kirstenpipe.com/

6. mtsgsd

mtsgsd Active Member

Excellent!

7. Buckshot

Buckshot Member

I recommend calling the number of their Retail Store listed under "Contact Us" on the Kirsten website before placing an order. I sent an email several months ago to the address listed and I never got a response either. I called the Retail Store and spoke to a gentleman about bowl sizes. At that time, he told me that Kirsten no longer resides in the manufacturing building and no new pipes were being made. He did have some bowls and some other parts available.

Somewhere on this forum one of our members stated that he visited the Retail Store and was told that production costs were too high and rather than outsource the materials, production is currently on hold.

I don't think I would trust the website right now with all the different stories flying around. The website implies that you can place an order as usual but it also gives an email address with apparently nobody on the receiving end. I can't help thinking that if an online order were placed it might get lost in cyberspace. I recommend calling and speaking to someone in the know before placing an online order.

8. 1858remington

1858remington Active Member

I got a valve and some O-rings from them last year. I too sent an email order and got no response, and had to call them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.