1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

Lane Pipes.

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by Flashcrashbash, May 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Flashcrashbash

Flashcrashbash Member

My friend Chris owns a Lane pipe and i must say the thing smokes pretty well and i want to know if anyone else has had any experience with them.

2. Marc

Marc Active Member

What kind of Lane pipe? A Lane era Dr. Grabow?

3. Flashcrashbash

Flashcrashbash Member

The brand is called Lane im not sure if your referring to a shape of a pipe but all i know is the pipe has Luxor #21 (i think thats the number) Engraved in the shank.

4. Marc

Marc Active Member

Thanks, but I do not recognize that pipe name, let me check my sources for more information.

5. moshee

moshee Member

6. ddandb

ddandb Member

They sound like they could be Grabows just sold under different names for various tobacco sellers like SWR.

7. moshee

moshee Member

True, they were made by the same folks that made the Grabow but sans the filter.

8. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

I remember seeing them in the 90's .They werent Grabows per sey. If they were Grabows then they were higher quality . At that time Lane was still a big player as far as distribution goes . They had Dunhill , Winslow and on and on . They wanted Wiley but he didnt cave . They had a bazillion pouches , stands , etc .. ... Do you have a pic of the Lane pipe ? I might be off but I remember them having a number of the Charatan shapes but I could be off .

9. Flashcrashbash

Flashcrashbash Member

10. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

Ah , a dublin .. Cool ! ! ... I never recovered from droping vitamin A w/ Dylan and the Beatles so that pic looks alittle blurry to me .. but I like it ! lol

I'm thinking 80's / early 90's but still cant remember who made them . A few days from now Ill be smoking a pipe and not thinking of anything and ... pop ... I'll remember . It's a perfect shape imo and I hope you enjoy it big time !!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.