Lane RLP-6 & 1Q - Am I the only one?

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by RevSmoke, Feb 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fogpipe

fogpipe Member

1. I like to complain.
    2. I have made some truly horrible tobacco/pipe choices and wish i would have been forewarned (actually i probably was im just not good at listening.). Its good to let people know that tho the majority might like something there are those who dont.
    3. Complaining is fun and when done correctly can be a rewarding and creative pursuit that not only enriches your life but also the lives of others.
    4. Im an old guy. I have a right to complain by sheer dint of living this long
    5. I whinge therefore I am.

2. fogpipe

fogpipe Member

double post im an idot :) delete at pleasure

RevSmoke likes this.
  3. PipeLotus

PipeLotus Member

I like this blend quite a lot. I've never been bitten by 1Q, so I can't really comment on that. Is it the best thing since sliced bread? Hardly, but it does have an excellent room note, and its C-H-E-A-P. I'd reccomend it along with Carter Hall to ANY newcomer, because it's laughably easy to get lit, and stay lit for an entire bowl. When you don't have to worry about technique and can just enjoy a smoke, you are MUCH more likely to go off and learn a better smoking technique. 1Q is very fool-proof in my opinion, unless you get tongue-bite its a very easy blend to work with.

Also, I've found palate's change. I HATED latakia's and periques when I started out, so I stuck with burley's and light aro's.

Back to price, I was looking at trying my very first virginia blend, and found McClelland's #5100 (or whatever their bulk virginia blend is.) and it was dang near double the price of 1Q! :\ So there is another plus for 1Q, PRICE.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.