Latest Cigar Smoking Purchase?

Discussion in 'Cigars' started by GlassSculptor, Sep 15, 2012.

1. Michaell

Michaell Member

Purchased a few boxes last week.

Romeo y Julieta Star Crossed Embrace
    Romeo y Julieta Reserve Love Story
    Gurkha Evil Corona

Moose likes this.

2. Moose

Moose Active Member

Let me know how the RyJ Star Crossed Lovers turn out. I am looking at them right now at jr cigars. Thinking of ordering them.

3. CaKy

CaKy Member

A lot of new (to me) stuff to try. Visited my Delaware connection this evening after a few week hiatus while moving...was introduced to some rather promising looking blends. Had the pleasure of unwrapping one of the Leaf & Bean by Oscar cigars in the maduro wrapper. This cigar is wrapped in tobacco rather than cellophane and at first look, might come across as gimmicky. I assure you it is not. This is a very serious cigar. Not a lot about it online unless you do Facebook...which I do not. Made for the Leaf & Bean in the Pittsburgh area by a Honduran cigar guy, the B&M I visit now & then up north has a good relationship with the L&B folks so he has access to some of these, which they suggested I try. Wow. The oiliest, finest burning cigar I have had the pleasure of toasting in a great while. If you come across a few of these, I'd like to know how your experience measures up to my own. If you don't have access, I am thinking of sending one to a few respected aficionados here just to read the thoughts on this cigar. I was really surprised by this one and will be snatching up more on my return.

Also a few others as well as a 5er of another favorite "regular" smoke...Rodrigo's Clasico Habano.

[​IMG]

4. psquared

psquared DGErwin, my horse would like a word with you...

I'll have to make a point of visiting when I go to see my sister in the 'Burg. Where is this establishment located CaKy?

5. CaKy

CaKy Member

I'm not sure about the Leaf and Bean B&M in Pittsburgh...haven't been there yet but it's pretty well known all over. IIRC, Eddie Ortega's "Island Jim" version of the Wild Bunch was named after the owner of the L&B. I picked these up in Delaware at one of the stores Gary Griffith of Emilio Cigars manages.

psquared likes this.
  6. AustinLM

AustinLM Member

My latest purchase would be my first humidor, a 5 pack of Drew Estate's Isla Del Sol, a bundle of 20 Pirate's Gold, some Gurkha, Cohiba, CAO, and Greycliff.

Jimmy Bukowski and Moose like this.
  7. HazyDat620

HazyDat620 Member

"Eeeexxxxcellent" in my best Mr. Smithers voice.

AustinLM likes this.
  8. Baccy Bert

Baccy Bert Member

I picked up an H Upmann Coronas Junior last night from the humidor in a local pub, forgot how fond of these I was. Enjoyed with a hot Makers Mark, of course.

9. AustinLM

AustinLM Member

What can I say? I've been hooked!

10. Mister Moo

Mister Moo Normal Cow Moderator

Lovely smoke, that.

Mount Mandolin likes this.
  11. gentimmy

gentimmy Active Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Box code was November '12

these will probably sit for a while

12. HazyDat620

HazyDat620 Member

We're gonna have to chat, lookin very tasty:)

13. Mount Mandolin

Mount Mandolin Active Member

Nice! I just got a 10er of those, and I feel certain we got them from the same person. Same box code and bag and everything.

[​IMG]

They will benefit from sitting for sure, but that's not to say they won't smoke well now. I smoked one right off the truck and it was phenomenal. It's supposedly the best selling CC in the world, and for good reason. It may be my favorite petite corona.

14. gentimmy

gentimmy Active Member

I think we did
    ;)

Mount Mandolin likes this.
  15. jason1977

jason1977 Active Member

A Full Bodied Frenzy II in the Cigars international Catalog~

4 LHC Oscuro Fuerte, 4 Cu-Avana Punisher Tubo, 4 Cohiba Black Robusto, CAO LX2 Robusto, 4 Diesel Unholy Cocktail. (20 cigars, $60.) Just a grab bag to fill up the humidor~ we'll be having people over for thanksgiving so they'll have a few months to lay down before people start raiding my stogie box. I have learned it's better to get a humidor full of grab bag stuff & keep ANOTHER humidor hidden in the back of your closet somewhere which contains your trinidads, montecristos, camachos, ashtons, perdomos, & padrons...lol....THAT way you won't get angry if someone smokes HALF a cigar (like last holiday season, someone smoked HALF a Padron serie 1926 & I almost had a coronary. ) and then leaves it in a beer mug. Yes. Playing it smarter this year, lol~

Marker and Calvinandpipe like this.
  16. Mount Mandolin

Package came today:

[​IMG]

Headley Grange is tried and true, but the CLE Corojo was a shot in the dark, other than a couple of very positive reviews I read. Got em for peanuts, so it's not like I'm gonna take a loss either way. And who knows, maybe I've found a new cigar for my list of favorites.

17. CaKy

CaKy Member

A few more to fill some holes.

[​IMG]

I found some of the original release (2011) Old Man and the "C" coffins and I could not resist.

18. CaKy

CaKy Member

Gotta watch my new mail guy...both ends of the tape on my box delivered today were cut open as if he wanted a peek inside the box. Surely he wouldn't...

[​IMG]

19. Mount Mandolin

Damn, you get your mail at 11 AM? Mine doesn't usually come until 4:30 or 5:00 these days. They switched up our postal route I guess.

Oh yeah, and the cigars. That's a bunch of great cigars. :) What's the name of those Tats, btw? I'm not much of a Tat expert.

20. CaKy

CaKy Member

Apparently I am at the first of his route & get my mail very early.
    The Tats...Cazadores 7th in the natural/ecu-habano wrapper. The Conn Broadleaf version is the 7th Reservas, which is great too, but I'm liking these at the moment.

sonarman, Mount Mandolin and psquared like this.