Latest Cigar Smoking Purchase?

Moose

Purchased a few boxes last week.

Romeo y Julieta Star Crossed Embrace
Romeo y Julieta Reserve Love Story
Gurkha Evil Corona
Let me know how the RyJ Star Crossed Lovers turn out. I am looking at them right now at jr cigars. Thinking of ordering them.

CaKy

A lot of new (to me) stuff to try. Visited my Delaware connection this evening after a few week hiatus while moving...was introduced to some rather promising looking blends. Had the pleasure of unwrapping one of the Leaf & Bean by Oscar cigars in the maduro wrapper. This cigar is wrapped in tobacco rather than cellophane and at first look, might come across as gimmicky. I assure you it is not. This is a very serious cigar. Not a lot about it online unless you do Facebook...which I do not. Made for the Leaf & Bean in the Pittsburgh area by a Honduran cigar guy, the B&M I visit now & then up north has a good relationship with the L&B folks so he has access to some of these, which they suggested I try. Wow. The oiliest, finest burning cigar I have had the pleasure of toasting in a great while. If you come across a few of these, I'd like to know how your experience measures up to my own. If you don't have access, I am thinking of sending one to a few respected aficionados here just to read the thoughts on this cigar. I was really surprised by this one and will be snatching up more on my return.

Also a few others as well as a 5er of another favorite "regular" smoke...Rodrigo's Clasico Habano.

psquared

DGErwin, my horse would like a word with you...
Patron
A lot of new (to me) stuff to try. Visited my Delaware connection this evening after a few week hiatus while moving...was introduced to some rather promising looking blends. Had the pleasure of unwrapping one of the Leaf & Bean by Oscar cigars in the maduro wrapper. This cigar is wrapped in tobacco rather than cellophane and at first look, might come across as gimmicky. I assure you it is not. This is a very serious cigar. Not a lot about it online unless you do Facebook...which I do not. Made for the Leaf & Bean in the Pittsburgh area by a Honduran cigar guy, the B&M I visit now & then up north has a good relationship with the L&B folks so he has access to some of these, which they suggested I try. Wow. The oiliest, finest burning cigar I have had the pleasure of toasting in a great while. If you come across a few of these, I'd like to know how your experience measures up to my own. If you don't have access, I am thinking of sending one to a few respected aficionados here just to read the thoughts on this cigar. I was really surprised by this one and will be snatching up more on my return.

Also a few others as well as a 5er of another favorite "regular" smoke...Rodrigo's Clasico Habano.

I'll have to make a point of visiting when I go to see my sister in the 'Burg. Where is this establishment located CaKy?

CaKy

I'll have to make a point of visiting when I go to see my sister in the 'Burg. Where is this establishment located CaKy?
I'm not sure about the Leaf and Bean B&M in Pittsburgh...haven't been there yet but it's pretty well known all over. IIRC, Eddie Ortega's "Island Jim" version of the Wild Bunch was named after the owner of the L&B. I picked these up in Delaware at one of the stores Gary Griffith of Emilio Cigars manages.

Mount Mandolin

[snipped pictures for brevity's sake]

Box code was November '12

these will probably sit for a while
Nice! I just got a 10er of those, and I feel certain we got them from the same person. Same box code and bag and everything.

They will benefit from sitting for sure, but that's not to say they won't smoke well now. I smoked one right off the truck and it was phenomenal. It's supposedly the best selling CC in the world, and for good reason. It may be my favorite petite corona.

jason1977

A Full Bodied Frenzy II in the Cigars international Catalog~

4 LHC Oscuro Fuerte, 4 Cu-Avana Punisher Tubo, 4 Cohiba Black Robusto, CAO LX2 Robusto, 4 Diesel Unholy Cocktail. (20 cigars, $60.) Just a grab bag to fill up the humidor~ we'll be having people over for thanksgiving so they'll have a few months to lay down before people start raiding my stogie box. I have learned it's better to get a humidor full of grab bag stuff & keep ANOTHER humidor hidden in the back of your closet somewhere which contains your trinidads, montecristos, camachos, ashtons, perdomos, & padrons...lol....THAT way you won't get angry if someone smokes HALF a cigar (like last holiday season, someone smoked HALF a Padron serie 1926 & I almost had a coronary. ) and then leaves it in a beer mug. Yes. Playing it smarter this year, lol~

Mount Mandolin

Gotta watch my new mail guy...both ends of the tape on my box delivered today were cut open as if he wanted a peek inside the box. Surely he wouldn't...

Damn, you get your mail at 11 AM? Mine doesn't usually come until 4:30 or 5:00 these days. They switched up our postal route I guess.

Oh yeah, and the cigars. That's a bunch of great cigars. :) What's the name of those Tats, btw? I'm not much of a Tat expert.

CaKy

Damn, you get your mail at 11 AM? Mine doesn't usually come until 4:30 or 5:00 these days. They switched up our postal route I guess.

Oh yeah, and the cigars. That's a bunch of great cigars. :) What's the name of those Tats, btw? I'm not much of a Tat expert.
Apparently I am at the first of his route & get my mail very early.
The Tats...Cazadores 7th in the natural/ecu-habano wrapper. The Conn Broadleaf version is the 7th Reservas, which is great too, but I'm liking these at the moment.