Latest pipe smoking purchase? (old)

Status
Not open for further replies.
8 more lovely ounces of my precious Stonehaven. I had been hittin my supply lightly as I was running out. I'm a happy man singing happy songs and dancin happy dances

Gary

Lemme see now. Stuck at a hotel in South Leeds, UK with no transportation. Have worked everyday for 10 days, but today is quiet so finally was able to grab a taxi to Wakefield where I found a tobacconist. Paid them a visit this morning.

Picked up a Peterson 303 and several tobaccos. They didn't have all of the tobaccos I had on my list, but they had a couple that weren't.

- 1x50g Ennerdale flake (bulk) to break in the Peterson
- 1x50g tin Erinmore flake
- 1x50g tin of Peterson Old Dublin
- 1x50g (pouch) Mick McQuaid Square Cut
- 2x50g (pouch) Mick McQuaid Plug Cut
- 2x50g (pouch) Three Nuns
- 6x50g (pouch) Condor Long Cut (one nearly gone already!)
- 3x50g (pouch)St. Bruno (one considerably lighter than the others)

Tasted the Condor, Bruno, Three Nuns, and the Ennerdale. All of them are keepers. Spent way too much money on tobacco and this trip, but figure if I don't get them now I may never. You only live once, eh?
Ah well, if I have to be stuck in a hotel and work long hours, at least I have enough t'baccy to keep me going for awhile. Heading to Ireland next Saturday. Lord knows what mischief I'll get into over there while on vacation....

Ah, the Condor and St. Bruno were actually purchased last week at the local ASDA (Walmart owned "superstore"), which is why they're lighter than the others...

Need to decide if/what I might want to open....of course being like a kid in a candy shop I want to try them all, but I know I should save them until I can store them properly....oh the suffering....

Mington

Lemme see now. Stuck at a hotel in South Leeds, UK with no transportation. Have worked everyday for 10 days, but today is quiet so finally was able to grab a taxi to Wakefield where I found a tobacconist. Paid them a visit this morning.

Picked up a Peterson 303 and several tobaccos. They didn't have all of the tobaccos I had on my list, but they had a couple that weren't.

Tasted the Condor, Bruno, Three Nuns, and the Ennerdale. All of them are keepers. Spent way too much money on tobacco and this trip, but figure if I don't get them now I may never. You only live once, eh?
Ah well, if I have to be stuck in a hotel and work long hours, at least I have enough t'baccy to keep me going for awhile. Heading to Ireland next Saturday. Lord knows what mischief I'll get into over there while on vacation....

Ah, the Condor and St. Bruno were actually purchased last week at the local ASDA (Walmart owned "superstore"), which is why they're lighter than the others...

Need to decide if/what I might want to open....of course being like a kid in a candy shop I want to try them all, but I know I should save them until I can store them properly....oh the suffering....
Wow! Great shopping!
So that's where ya get 3 Nuns, eh?

TxPipesmoker

Nice score, Gary!

Dropped into my local B&M this morning..... had a bit of a chat with the owner, and bought a tin of Erinmore flake.... had a look along the shelves and in amongst all the aro's was a pack of GH Ennerdale..... i couldn't resist so i bought it.
It has taken over my day... and i haven't stopped smoking it since i got home, tried it in all my pipes and it seems to like my Pete 317 best.... i can now understand the following this toby has... i'm converted :bow: , for now at least.

I also mentioned that as i like flakes it was a shame he didn't have any Irish or University flake.... 'no problem' he said, ' i'll get them in for you.'... result!

Happy days!

Dave:bing:

I went to a flea market this weekend and bought a few pipes. They had a lot of use and carbon in them. But i reamed them out and used my buffer on them and they look great now. I just love buying old things and fixing them up. Then filling them up with some fresh smoke. Plus it's cool to own something that is old. I just like the old things I guess. I am sure new pipes are great. I just love the patina the old used estate pipes have. Funny thing is I could have bought quite a few more. They guy I bought one pipe from accused me of stealing one of his pipes. I told him I was smoking it, it is mine. He changed his tune when he saw the smoke rising out of my pipe lol... Then tried to get me to buy all his pipes. I was a little strapped but he had a few others I wanted. Maybe next weekend. It's just down the corner from home. I love the south there is so much cool stuff around here....

Arkie

I got my son a Pete system 313 smooth finish with a fishtail stem. It's a beauty. I saw it on Smokingpipes.com and couldn't resist it. I'll give it to him on Christmas. It should be a surprise for him and I'm sure he will be very pleased. In answer to all the questions that will come flooding in from you guys - no, I will not adopt you.

Arkie

Wowsers....you made a haul!

Status
Not open for further replies.