Latest pipe smoking purchase? (old)

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by Kyle Black, Mar 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mington

Mington Well-Known Member

:nwor:

2. EmperorGix

EmperorGix Member

Well, over the past two weeks I've gotten a few boxes and made a trip to my favored local B&M. Here's a (blurry) group shot from my phone. Details to follow.
    [​IMG]

Next shot shows a brand-new Meer which I can't smoke until Yule. (Edict of my lover. It's a gift.) Only identifying mark is a "URAL" sticker inside the case from my local B&M. Push-pull tenon, I think it's called. Below that is a Peterson Irishmade Army 120 and a free tin of Peterson's Sunset Breeze (these two were from SmokingPipes - buy a Peterson and get a free tin of Peterson tobacco right now.) Next is a Dr. Grabow Grand Duke estate my girlfriend bought. It's got a metal tenon and needs to be cleaned and smoked. That stem sticking out on the bottom is a new unvarnished MM cob. Wonderful. Up top, we see a 1 oz bag of Gawith and Hoggarth's Dark Bird's Eye.
    [​IMG]

Next up is a neat little meer-lined Grabow my love bought for me. Needs some cleaning, but it looks great otherwise. Can't wait to try it. Right below that is a Savinelli Horoscope - a neat little RhodesianDog with a Tiger on the stem. (I don't hold much stock in astrology, but I'm a Tiger, according to the Chinese Zodiac. Plus, it just looks nice though I'm a bit scared of that bare briar!) That's sitting on a 1 oz bag of Lancer Slices. To the left is a Pete Tankard and another free tin of tobak - University Flake. Lastly, back at the top, I picked out some 3 Oaks Syrian and some Old Vienna from Sutliff - inspired by the Ruffs and their Sutliff Challenge! :D
    [​IMG]

Lastly, we have some Prince Albert - I love Carter Hall and a great deal of you gents seem to like PA, so I thought I'd give it a go! ... Next to that, I have a pouch of something else... Something that holds the dubious honor of being much maligned here on PSF. We'll see if it kills me. Can someone enlighten me as to the horrors surrounding Mixture #79? Or are you all a bunch of little whiny baby ninnies? :banana: :p: (Also, yes, it was bleedin' expensive. I bought this from another B&M... one I won't be visiting very much anymore.)
    [​IMG]

So, that was my little haul over the last two weeks. I've already got my eye on another meer and a few more blends... I need to be stopped.:ohyh:

RP McMurphy likes this.
  3. bowlerallover

bowlerallover Member

...wow
    And to think I was thrilled with my pound of SP black cavendish. Lol

4. ruffinogoldswife

ruffinogoldswife The Mayor's Wife

Wouldn't it be great if this thread could be started over with someone else's name and picture on it? seem a shame to have to see his avatar keep popping up.

EmperorGix likes this.
  5. Spam

Spam Member

Let me know how you get on with that tankard? I've been eyeing one up for a little while now.

6. dmkerr

dmkerr PG- free since '83! Moderator

We can tell you about them, but such horrors must be experienced. :puke:

7. Lestrade

Lestrade Active Member

Nothing fancy, some bristle pipe cleaners and a new pouch.

8. AK Kilted Guy

AK Kilted Guy Member

These just came in from JRcigars.com

[​IMG]

bowlerallover likes this.
  9. Jay

Jay Active Member

100g tins of Old Gowrie--a first for me, I like it. and Hal o the Wynd cuz its good too!

Mark w4mms likes this.
  10. Lestrade

Lestrade Active Member

Picked up my first tin of H&H Magnum Opus. I sure hope it is as wonderful as I have been told it is by a Co-worker. :bing:

Mark w4mms likes this.
  11. TedVig

TedVig total pipeflake

[​IMG]
    The pipes I already had but I found an unopened cannister of Argosy Black at a small cigarette shop in Saint Paul. I couldn't resist. First tobacco I ever smoked.

Kiowapipe likes this.
  12. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

Just ignore the worm and focus on what matters. If we cruise on without the scumbag, it'll hurt him even more.

Ed
    Puff

EmperorGix likes this.
  13. SSGpiper

SSGpiper Member

Wow, obviously i missed some drama....geesh, why does it always happen when im not around. :(

14. TedVig

TedVig total pipeflake

Yeah, what's up?

15. Kiowapipe

Kiowapipe Active Member

Fella seems to have lied and stolen a few hundred bucks worth of pipe stuff from the group. See box pass thread. Happened a while ago now.

16. EmperorGix

EmperorGix Member

EDITED. Kiowapipe is a fast one! I got some pipe cleaners, though. No pictures. :p:

17. dwaugh

dwaugh Moderator Moderator

See here

-David

18. dmkerr

Working on a deal that will bring 4 new meers to my home... 2 Yaniks, a Kudret Gezer and a Karahan. Happy Thanksgiving to ME! :thu2:

Ted Vig and Puff The Magic like this.
  19. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

Well. Then we all certainly wanna see what Santa brings ya....unless it's a bag o'coal! ;)

Puff picked up a Ser Jac Van Gogh Picta 12 walnut and was surprised it was drilled high! Oh well, tremendously mmonumentous smoker and at the bottom, don't tamp much! May need a lil ball o'mud in there to be what it should. Snagged it at a local b&m new for $125 so I am not complainin! :D

Ed
    Puff

20. dmkerr

Trust me - Santa ain't got nothin' to do with it! This is hard work! Not sure I'm gonna be able to swing it. We'll see. :punk:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.