Latest pipe smoking purchase? (old)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpberg

Staff member

Gave up on this last night at the 76.00 mark. Most times I would've chased it a lot farther, but the Dunhill put a hurt on my play money. Too bad, there wasn't a lot of interest, probably could've kept it under a hundred.

dmkerr

PG- free since '83!
Staff member
I have a MM General coming, sold and modded by our own dgerwin!!! Really looking forward to trying out a cob and decided to get the best I could find. :th1:

Also have one of those metal pipes from that Estonian Ebay dude that Remington is touting. Trying to branch out from the meers, just for fun.

Also just got a JR Cigar order of 3 tins each of Blackwoods Flake, Dark Star (thanks to Glenn for showing me how to prep this crazy stuff!) and Virginia #24, as well as a single tin of C&D Red Carpet, a new-to-me blend.

This along with my new Tekin meerschaum have made March and my recent tooth extraction much more bearable. (March is a quarter-end at work and very stressful).

Stormy

My cute lady mail carrier brought me Lane 1Q, Black Cavendidh, & RLP-6 last wek. The big brown truck brought me GLP:Ciro, C&D:Opening Night, & Peterson: Connoisseur's Choice today.

Darkly

I had a pouch of the TG Irish Creme not too long ago... At first I didn't like the flavor but it didn't take long for it to grow on me... Keep that blend in your cobs and smoke it SUPER slow, and its a nice smoke.. Rush it even the least little bit, and it'll rip into your tongue like a rabid dog... at least that was my experience.. Not a bad smoke.. just keep it very very slow and you should enjoy it.

Alamo

I've also noticed the bite from the Irish Creme
Being new does not help the fact either! I need to get my packing method down so I can get a good light that doesn't go out. I also tend to really draw deep and hard when I think the pipe if going out, which may or may not be the best idea

Still in the learning process, and so far, I'm liking it!

t-bear

Not exactly a purchase....
I met another carver at the pipe show a couple of years ago...he's retired Mil, working security for the State Dept" over there", so isn't home often. We managed to get together here on Sunday...spent some quality time in the shop comparing pipe carving notes and techniques. I showed off my lathe by drilling a block (he's using a drill press right now), and gave it and some bamboo to him to "play with".
When he was getting ready to leave, he handed me this beauty:
My new Hester billiard

I'm delighted to say that it smokes a treat, and has a great tactile "hand" feel. Thanks Charles....stay safe!

Status
Not open for further replies.