Latest pipe smoking purchase?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riff Raff

Riff Raff, you're killing me.
Sorry p.......this was a tough one to pull off for me. The auction ended five minutes of my wife and I meeting the grandparents of my daughters fiance. I snuck in a last second bid literally standing in the foyer of their home as we were all introduced. No one was the wiser, but I was surprised to win this one with my bid (Sunday evening).

SouthBound

Curmudgeon At-Large
Patron
FlatbushPaul said:
More tobacco,
8 oz Steven Books H of C Irishman's 5 O' Clock
8 oz Steven Books H of C Grandfather's Own
1 lb HH Marble Kake
1 lb HH AJ's VaPer
8 oz HH Virginia Spice
8 oz Chief Catoonah's Princes Street
1 lb GH Bob's Square Cut
1 lb P&W Nut Brown Burley

I need more jars!
Don't you love buying more jars?
Nicely done!

BradNTX

It's been a pretty good while since I purchased any tobacco that I haven't tried. You guys have hammered on some of these blends to the point of being unable to resist. I sold 2 old office chairs, and a used mini-fridge to some neighbors with a kid going to college. Of course old garage stuff is marked for TAD, so I placed an order on SmokingPipes.Com:

Dan's Hamborger Veermaster
Mac Baren HH Old Dark Fired & Stockton
McClelland Classic Virginia 2010, Virginia Perique Flake 2015, and Old World Classic 5115

Gracie is full of fish and chips, but is still grateful enough to guard dad's new stash.

dbt13

Yesterday I bought a La rocca from my local B&M. I wanted an affordable pipe that would smoke well and look good too. This thing smokes very well. They knocked the price down and it incidently matched the price of one of the popular online merchants. I think anytime you can get a pipe at a B&M for Internet pricing your doing good. They also threw in a bag of house blend.
My first new pipe was a LaRocca and its a fantastic smoker and even better value. Hope you like your new pipe!

It's been a pretty good while since I purchased any tobacco that I haven't tried. You guys have hammered on some of these blends to the point of being unable to resist. I sold 2 old office chairs, and a used mini-fridge to some neighbors with a kid going to college. Of course old garage stuff is marked for TAD, so I placed an order on SmokingPipes.Com:

Dan's Hamborger Veermaster
Mac Baren HH Old Dark Fired & Stockton
McClelland Classic Virginia 2010, Virginia Perique Flake 2015, and Old World Classic 5115

Gracie is full of fish and chips, but is still grateful enough to guard dad's new stash.
awesome dog

CoreyR

Living the sweet life!
Patron
My new order from 4 Noggins. This is the first time I have ordered tobacco online, other than winning an auction on the bay of course. It came in while I am smoking a rack of ribs and about to throw on some ears of corn and some Cheddarwurst. To top it off, the Boston 1776 is 4 years old! Now I don't want to smoke it, just add it to my cellar. :(

Lovers of Three Nuns and Capstan take note!

Originally posted elsewhere.

Dear Pipesmoker Friend,

Another tobacco will go out from the market: Scandinavian Tobacco confirmed us, that they definitely stop production of Capstan (Blue and Yellow) and Three Nuns.
We do still have in Stock, but we will not be available to refill again our warehouse with this product.
For this reason we are writing to you, to give you the opportunity to order as long as there is some.
http://www.synjeco.ch/pataall/news/news.php?i2

We wish you and your families the best!!
Happy pipe smoking and warmest regards,
Daniel.

Somewhere along the line someone either posted. PM'd or emailed me requesting to see the results of the dehydration of the 65+ y/o Three Nuns I purchased but for the life of me I can't find it. So since this news is open I thought I'd post a before and after and it does smoke very nicely in the 1940 Dunhill Cutty.

Before

After

Cutty

Jfro

oh I was just gonna pop in and say that my KC from the group buy came in and I jar'd it all up. Then I decided to scroll through.
Thor.
Really.
Thor.

And all the rest of you enablin' hooligans have me wanting to buy a new pipe, and a nice one at that. Alas I am moving at the end of this month so my pipe budget is 0 USD.

Luckily I paid for that PSF pipe of the year...

gentimmy

My new order from 4 Noggins. This is the first time I have ordered tobacco online, other than winning an auction on the bay of course. It came in while I am smoking a rack of ribs and about to throw on some ears of corn and some Cheddarwurst. To top it off, the Boston 1776 is 4 years old! Now I don't want to smoke it, just add it to my cellar. :(
You can send a plate to:
Timothy Hand
JD Williams library
1 Library loop University, MS 38677

Skrymr

My wife and I went to Chicago today, and I was able to convince her that a trip to Chicago without visiting Iwan Riess is a grave injustice. So, I was very pleasantly surprised at their tobacco prices. Much much cheaper than buying in Wisconsin. Not to mention their choices. :startl: After a nice discussion on straight Virginia's, and their not having any that really fit what I was looking for,(not their fault in the least) I walked out with these two. Over all, a great experience and I am already trying to figure out how to convince my wife I will need to go there as often as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.