Latest pipe smoking purchase?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well i kind of purchased this pipe.. I gave a guy three flies and a spool of 6x tippet for it. Since i never seen them sold like this and it's a MM cob.:)
Makes perfect sense to me! I lived in CA and WA both. Every man of reasonable intellect knows you CANNOT flyfish without being a pipesmoker. Both require patience and the ability to reflect.

I have a pretty burgundy Sage LL 3Wt., 7.5 footer. Nice creek rod. Too small for the waters I have now. But lord is it a dream. Loads so nice and slow. And it will throw a 18 Adams a mile with laser precision.

Oops, sorry for the hijack. Now back to our regularly scheduled program!

Sat around waiting all day to testify at a courthouse in a town 50 miles from home. Wandered downtown during recess and found a brick and mortar with a huge selection. I bought one tin of GLP Caravan and Charing Cross, as well as one tin of C&D Briar Fox, all from 2006. They never called me to the stand, I have to head back tomorrow.

CaKy

Finding the silver lining...

I took a chance on a new cheap little Nording that was pictured like this on a recent cigar order binge:

Barrel pipe money but it was a Nording...It came as a bulldog like this:

And 2 minutes later it fulfilled my latest search for an addition to the churchwarden corner...stem even has a Nording logo:

1 minute later and it's serving it's purpose with a bowl of the World's Seven Finest Tobaccos. Cheap $, lightweight, feels great in the chair, smoking wonderfully...and it don't look half bad to me.

CaKy

I had a little bird tipped me off on what might possibly come through as there were several variations of the Rustic Viking line in the Nordings and I have been rafflin' through the knee-deep Mr Brog, etc listings on the Bay for another churchwarden. The billiard was not gonna work with what I was looking to do and lo & behold...it arrived as the bulldog. Rare occasion for me...I'm usually on the disappointed end when it comes to a shipment screw-up. I'm keeping my lip zipped on this one however...it was right what I was hoping for.

Status
Not open for further replies.