Latest pipe smoking purchase?

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by woody, Jun 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SalopSt

SalopSt Member

The bent Rhodesian arrived today after being ordered on Wednesday. If that is not swift service I do not know what is.

Just smoked half-a bowl of Skiff in the thing and it seems pretty darned good. Passes a cleaner, all the holes seem dead on. Cosmetically there are no fills, but there is an unfilled pit in an otherwise nicely grained briar. This is of very little concern to me as I suspect this baby will get into all kinds of scrapes in the future: she is destined for many a long walk and much poking in and out of pockets.

Fits in my hand perfectly, and has a decent heft, but none to much that she cannot be well clenched. £35 well spent, I think.

ruralhipster and Spillproof like this.

2. krusty

krusty Active Member

LOL, going by krusty here Tony. Not a username so much as a way of life (-:

I just received a tin of commonwealth from the trade with Tony. Have some drying as I type this.
    ---------------
    Snus, Snuff and Briar
    What more can a Soul require!

Brian (aka olderthandirt)

3. Iain

Iain Active Member

Cant wait any longer!!! I got an estate Meer off the 'Bay a few days ago, lightly smoked condition, calabash shape.
    If it doesn't arrive tomorrow I'll explode from the built up suspense and excitement!!!

HazyDat620, Stonewall and Buckshot like this.
  4. Buckshot

Buckshot Member

I can relate. I bought my Geppetto on Sunday and it didn't even ship until Wednesday. Just got it today. "Bout drove me nuts!

5. Bradabelko4

Bradabelko4 Member

Tin of Escudo and Black XX Finest Kendal Twist.

6. kb7get

kb7get Member

Bought myself birthday present today. Got 5 CGs and 9 Eggs all straight bits ordered. Should hold me till MM starts producing them again.

Spillproof and Bradabelko4 like this.
  7. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

Way cool !!! Nice score :th1:

8. Ol Brokedik

Ol Brokedik Active Member

Twelve different orientals that McCelland makes. I'm looking for a match to a bulk I use to buy from a B&M in Lawton, Oklahoma.

9. Spillproof

Spillproof Mostly Harmless Moderator

I have a matching pipe from Invicta. Love it.

SalopSt likes this.
  10. SalopSt

SalopSt Member

You, Sir, are clearly a gentleman of style and grace. For some odd reason an advert currently running on British television just popped into mind ('expertises in Rhodeses', maybe?):

Spillproof likes this.
  11. davidmackv

davidmackv Active Member

Just purchased two MacArthurs from Aristocobs. I got the polished and natural. They should be here Monday. I received my free sample from Altadis. A full tin of Great Outdoors.

12. TheMadMan

TheMadMan Member

Nice, How does one get them free samples from Altadis? Any link or info would be great:th1:

13. ShawnP

ShawnP Member

This showed up today.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3 more cobs and 8oz of blackberry.

Shawn

Spillproof and cobbsmoker like this.
  14. EmperorGix

EmperorGix Member

Not to derail, but this is a good place, since the pictures of what they get should be posted here. :p: I used this link with great success: Free Altadis Tobacco They sent me a free tin, too.

(They have one for hookah shisha too, if you swing that way: Jewels Shisha Request)

15. AussieTX

AussieTX Active Member

Nothing fancy this time, waiting on an order from cupojoes but it hasn't come in yet so I had to go to the local b&m (not a good selection in Texas.
    [​IMG]
    Just a few different tobaccos to keep me going, some pipe cleaners, Czech tools (always loosing those things) and a mm cob for something different to smoke

cobbsmoker likes this.
  16. Dondi

Dondi Active Member

My latest latakia fix:
    [​IMG]

Albert, cobbsmoker, Monkey and 2 others like this.
  17. Mington

Mington Well-Known Member

SCORE!:th1:

18. Dondi

Dondi Active Member

I also picked up a matching pair from an aspiring pipemaker from these forums...
    [​IMG]

19. Stonewall

Stonewall Active Member

Little broke a$$ at the moment, but I did manage to score a vintage MM cob set for $10 (3 pipes and a pouch) that looks to be mid-70's. Unsmoked.

[​IMG]

cobbsmoker likes this.
  20. Monkey

Monkey Active Member

I got a sampler of tins on the way...3P, Devil's Holiday, Cherry Bomb, Firedance Flake, some mixture 79, 1 oz each of Mississippi River, black twist, maple twist, some pipe cleaners and a tobacco pouch.

I wanted to try the aros to see if I liked this type of aromatic. I smoked some Blueberry Pancake and it was pretty good. My first berry pipe tobacco...so maybe J like berry? In the least...the car will smell pretty. GH ropes to compare to SG rope (which I like) and the 3P and Mississippi River based on reviews.

I ordered the Mixture 79 because I hate myself. ;-)

Should be interesting to try some of this stuff. I already picked the sacrificial pipe for the Mixture 79...It can't be that bad....

Can it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.