Layoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.
As some of you know I am a paralegal for a VA law firm. I was laid off today due to less and less of our client paying us. I am still keeping to my contest, though the prizes will be smaller due to the fact that I am making allot less on my unemployment.

- Thank You.

Sasquatch

Wizzard
SBritton runs a little tobacco giveaway. I think it's posted in the tobacco area.

Sorry to hear you got chopped, SB.

Lots of us in the same boat. I got laid off a year ago and couldn't bring myself to fill out the paperwork for UI benefits. Luckily, I will soon be rich from pipemaking and will be able to retire in the Bahamas. :XD:

jamie7

Sorry for your luck. I am just coming off a layoff right now. The extra time with my family and not being tired all the time has been outstanding. Lower income has been do-able because work related expenses are out. My Employment Insurance runs out in a week so I'm doing alot of leg work right now and calling in favours. I may have to take something outside my field but I've always known how to get work when I have to. My advice - enjoy the time off. You'll be back in the grind before you know it.:bing:

dubhdarra

SBritton said:
As some of you know I am a paralegal for a VA law firm. I was laid off today due to less and less of our client paying us. I am still keeping to my contest, though the prizes will be smaller due to the fact that I am making allot less on my unemployment.

- Thank You.
i'm really sorry to hear that and i hope you find a new job you like before your cellar runs dry

No, the cellar will never run dry. Not as long as I am a computer technician. And the contest will not end as long as I can help it. I am a man of my word. :bing:

Demented

Hang in man and remember… You were looking for a job when you found that one.

During the early years of my career in the motion picture industry, I was laid off 3 to 6 months every year on average, that's the norm. It’s not to rough when you know it’s coming and plan for it, when it hits without warning times can get lean.

Best to you,

D.

mrlindeman

Hang in there man, I have been layed off more times than I can count. It takes a while to get back on the feet but things will get better. Good Luck. :bing: Hope all gets better for ya sooner than later. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.