Leaves - thanks jeebs

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by IrishRover, Oct 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IrishRover

IrishRover Active Member

I just want to send out a huge Thank You to Jeebs for putting the offer of some leaves on the forum. I was the lucky one to pm him and, I just wanted to say thanks. I also figured I’d post a pic of the beginning of my process. This is the first time I’ve ever attempted this. I lived in NC a number of years ago, I remember driving by tobacco fields but, that’s a close as I got to the plants until this week.
    In the Northeast it’s been in the 70’s so I’ve been a little lucky with the weather. The nights get cold but, I move the tobacco into the garage. Hopefully they’ll cure before the freeze sets in.
    Thanks again Jeebs!!!
    PIC of leaves curing

Jeebs likes this.

2. HCraven

HCraven Active Member

Nice looking leaves, Rover! Looks like you'll have a good supply for the winter months.

3. IrishRover

IrishRover Active Member

Thanks HCraven! - yeah if I do everything correct I will be set for the Winter.
    So far it's been incredibly fun, educational and a slight bit of a deeper understanding of tobacco. It may sound odd the 'deeper understanding', but I've just been reflecting on the history of tobacco in the US, and what it's meant to our economy, the farmers, etc;

Kiowapipe likes this.
  4. Mington

Mington Well-Known Member

Awesome! I am sooo jealous. Congrats Rover!:bow:

5. Kiowapipe

Kiowapipe Active Member

Out of curiosity, about how much end product smokable tobacco will you net from the leaves shown there?

6. IrishRover

IrishRover Active Member

_ Thanks Mington.........

Hey Kiowapipe, that's a good question. This is my first time doing this. To be honest I have no clue what the end product amount will be.
    There's also another smaller section of leaves that aren't in the picture. It's about 4 or 5 feet long.

7. Mington

Mington Well-Known Member

Yes...please let us know your final yield (ounces, pounds)
    maybe Jeebs knows the approx. smoke able end product.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.