1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

Little Thread of Pipe Horrors

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by Malcontent, Jun 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PyrateMate

PyrateMate New Member

Aye, what we needs here be a "condolences" clicky thing so's we ken offer our sentiments. Or maybe a "DAMN" clicky thing!

2. Lefty81

Lefty81 Member

[​IMG]

So I am a little embarrassed about this one. I was driving down the highway doing about 110 km/h (70 mph) and i just finished a bowl and once i know the pipe is completely out, i loosen the ash and dottle then will hold the pipe out the window so it blows everything out, i keep my thumb over the opening until the pipe is completely out the window so it doesn't blow all over the vehicle. well I guess i may have been a little bit tired (i had been driving for about 4 hrs already) and when i put the pipe out the window and lifted my thumb the pipe blew out of my hand and i watched it roll down the highway behind me. What makes this not so bad is that it was only a cheap Royal Danish Canadian that i got off of ebay. I wasn't particularily fond of this pipe as it felt too long. To fix it i hand drilled a new mortise and the pipe is now more of a nose warmer. All i have left to do is a little bit of finishing work on the shank, a metal band perhaps.

[​IMG]

3. jdto

jdto Active Member

I suppose I could put this one in here. My new 2013 Ashton Brindle XX Canadian, which I've smoked exactly 8 times. :(

[​IMG]

4. Johnny Dingo

Johnny Dingo Writer of wrongs

Have you tried contacting the maker? Maybe they'd band it for you or replace it.

5. jdto

jdto Active Member

I'm gonna send it out to Norwood, I think.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.