London version of Dunhill My Mixture 965

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by JTMac, Nov 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JTMac

JTMac Member

Do any of you good folks still smoke any of this baccy?

2. jeffbee

jeffbee Member

I just obtained some of the original. I think the clone I have is better.

3. JTMac

JTMac Member

Ok. I have some of the original as well. What is the clone? Isn't Orlik making, it or is there another?

4. dubhdarra

dubhdarra Active Member

i know at least altadis and tinderbox have 965 clones out, there are a few other companies putting out "match" blends that i believe are not altadis or tinderbox.

frankly, i'm going to finish off what i have of the lane distribution 965, then go back to smoking peterson's old dublin, which has always been less bitey for me and i suspect i enjoy more, overall, anyway.

if and when dunhill comes back, i may pick up a tin.

5. jpberg

jpberg Moderator Moderator

I've got a few sleeves of Murrays stuff - 965, Nightcap, EMP that have been sitting on a shelf for a long time. I smoked the last loose tin of SMM a couple of years ago and have not felt the need to break open a sleeve of anything. It's really not earth moving stuff for me, and the silly prices it sells for render it more valuable than enjoyable.

6. Spaceboy Tim

Spaceboy Tim Member

When are the new Dunhill tobys supposed to come back in the US? They've already hit here in Canada and it looked like they had new names. I think Nightcap was called Evening Pipe or something like that.

7. dubhdarra

dubhdarra Active Member

most recently they were meant to be here mid-october, but there were a few explanations floating around (i'd already placed my shops order with the distributor) and they gave us some wishy washy excuse about underestimating demand, trade publications said there was an issue between the distributor and manufacturer (despite both being subsidiaries of the same group, skandinavik tobacco group), and more recently i've heard some excuse being parlayed around that because of the conformity to the new EU tobacco regulations, they somehow don't conform to the new US regulations, something to do with the pact act and labelling.

could all be BS, could all be true. all i know is we've ordered it three times since june with the explanation it would be in the store within a week, and it just hasn't been. i've stopped caring.

8. JTMac

JTMac Member

I like the 965, but I still haven't found the "go to" tb that I just can't wait to smoke on a daily basis.

9. Burner

Burner Member

smokingpipes.com have dunhill tins in stock

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.