Look what "you" have done -vapers

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by BoyScout, Oct 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BoyScout

BoyScout Member

After seeing people on here mention VaPers (and figuring out what that even means) tried my first one tonight and freaking love it. It's a custom blend from a local shop here in Vancouver, City Cigar.

Pacific Flake
    Made from orange and red Virginias to which enough Perique has been added to create a refreshing smoke with a satisfying richness and depth of flavour. Well-balanced, dark matured cake. For the long time Virginia smoker, who now craves a little more complexity.

Would you kind folks recommend some more VaPers I should try?

2. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Sales Account

Well.... there's about 87 good ones. A lot of guys see "Escudo" as being a benchmark. If you stumble across a tin of "Elizabethan" from Dunhill that was good stuff. Currently, McClelland's "Tudor Castle" is one of my favorite va/pers, very sweet and punchy. Scottish Cake from McConnel is pretty decent stuff...

3. ArtisanArcher

ArtisanArcher Member

I just opened a tin of Dunbar from Esoterica Tobacciana yesterday and that was a good VaPer. But like Sas said, there's a lot of 'em. And sadly I've not tried very many.

4. chambers11283

chambers11283 Member

I find PS LBF to be a must have VaPer.

5. BoyScout

BoyScout Member

OK, I'm a n00b so please no abrevations cause I then have to figure out what they mean.

6. GlassSculptor

GlassSculptor Active Member

Mild to Medium-
    Hearth and Home A.J.'s VaPer is a good one if you're liking Red VaPers. It's got a little unsweetened Black Cavendish in it as well.
    Telegraph Hill from G.L. Pease is very good too.

Medium/Strong-
    Escudo
    Dunhill Navy Rolls
    G&H's Louisiana Flake- It's got a little of the Lakeland essence and some cocoa/nutty thing going on. Sounds weird, taste great.

7. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

Dunhill's Nightcap is another

8. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

Hearth & Home "anniversary Kake"

Dunhill "deluxe navy rolls"

McClelland 2015 (bulk)

Peter Stokkebye "Luxury Navy Flake" and "Luvury bullseye flake"

Learn the shorthand. We already have and did our time figuring it out. It's your turn to learn....

HP

Ed
    Puff

9. Puff The Magic

Wait til you try BurVa's! Or is it VaBurs?

;)

Ed
    Puff

10. IrishRover

IrishRover Active Member

VaPers are your friend!
    I second PS LNF and LBF...

11. dmkerr

dmkerr PG- free since '83! Moderator

GL Pease's Telegraph Hill and Stratford are two favorites.

Cornell & Diehl's Bayou Morning.

Reiners Long Golden Flake works for me but it has some burley in it, and the VaPer Police will scream, but definitely give it a try.

McClellands St James Woods.

And for a VaPer with a little bit of sweet casing, Tordenskjold Virginia Slices. Light perique and I find it refreshing from time to time.

12. Glenn

Glenn Active Member

I've love vapers and vaburpers. I have been working on some Kajun Kake and First Responders this morning with my coffee.

Lots of good suggestions already. H&H Anni Kake and AJ's are good, really all their vapers are good. If you like McClelland virginias Beacon Extra, St James, 2015 and Blakney's Bayou Flake are good. Connell's Scottish Cake is good. G&H Louisiana Flake is good. Escudo is a must try.

There are really just so many good ones. If you have a favorite Virginia start looking at Vapers from that blender, you will almost certainly enjoy their vapers too.

13. HCraven

HCraven Active Member

I'll add my vote for Escudo and Peter Stokkebye's Luxury Navy Flake. Dan Tobacco's Limerick is another favorite of mine.

14. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Sales Account

Nightcap is not a va/per nor even close, in the way we usually define them. It contains perique, but it's a strong Latakia mix. This doesn't make it bad, but it's certainly well outside of what people normally consider a va/per (or all English mixes are va/pers with varying amounts of orientals and latakia? That's an unusual definition too.).

Puff The Magic likes this.
  15. Puff The Magic

Or maybe dp is smoking something that is interfering with his mental status....

:)

Ed
    Puff

16. Arkie

Arkie Well-Known Member

+1 for Escudo

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.