1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

Looking for a Poker style Churchwarden

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by PhxSubbie, Apr 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PhxSubbie

PhxSubbie New Member

Hello everyone,

I am pretty new pipe smoking and I have my eyes out for a pipe that really caught my eye. I really like the poker style (as well as the cherrywood style) pipe but I want it as a churchwarden. It seems to be a more rare type of pipe to find. I've looked around and I cannot find it. Besides the one on P&C that I like, they don't have anymore and that price looked good too. The other few I have seen are way out of my budget. I was wondering if anyone knows where to find one. I was thinking if I can't find one then maybe I can get a regular pipe and put a churchwarden stem. It kind of worries me though in case I have to modify it and accidentally mess it up.

Thanks.

2. Summit

Summit Live Simply.

Welcome aboard! Can you post a link of the one at P&C? We loves the pictures around here.

3. PhxSubbie

PhxSubbie New Member

Here is a link to the one I was talking about on P&C.

*Edit: For some reason I cannot link directly to the page because the link keeps getting re-routed. I think it has something to do with them using Javascript and the link breaks. I guess one can copy and paste the url directly into their web browser and it should work.

Pipesandcigars.com
    Churchwarden Large Pipe - Poker

http://pipeandcigars.com/chlapipo.html

Here is a linked photo of the pipe. I hope I am allowed to use it outside of their website.

[​IMG]

Description:
    bent tapered poker
    10" length
    1.3/4" bowl height
    1.1/2" inner bowl depth
    1.1/4" outer bowl width
    3/4" inner bowl diameter
    Made of briar in Italy with a vulcanite stem
    This pipe is unfiltered

4. Summit

Summit Live Simply.

Looks cool. I can't say that I have seen another like it. Another option would be to buy a poker and have someone like Walker Briar Works make a custom stem for it. Not sure what that would cost though.

5. Summit

Summit Live Simply.

Option #2. DGErwin has been making some nice looking pokers and he does churchwarden stems too. Look at the for sale section to find him.

Thuber88 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.