Looking for advice

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by redlebz, Aug 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. redlebz

redlebz New Member

Hello members,
    I am new to pipe smoking, I've been smoking for one year now.
    I am looking for some advice because I don't really know which tobacco to choose. I like VA's and aromatic tobaccos and I'm looking for a tobacco with a hint of vanilla, not plain vanilla! Any ideas? Advice?
    Thank you!

2. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Well-Known Member

Wow, there's lots of options. Depending on where you are, you might track down a tin of Samuel Gawith "Perfection". It's got a little bit of everything in it, and a light vanilla topping.

Mac Baren Vanilla Cream is QUITE vanilla-y - might be too much for you in that regard.

Another with a slight vanilla casing is Stokkebye Luxury Twist Flake. In fact, that's my official recommendation. Easy to get, easy to smoke, slight vanilla taste, excellent virginia.

3. redlebz

redlebz New Member

Thanks for the advice, I'll check the stokkebye luxury twist flake!

I already have the mac barren vanilla cream, I like to mix it with other tobaccos, I love the smell of vanilla but I don't want it to be overwhelming. I'm looking for a everyday tobacco.

Thanks anyway!

4. middle earth smoker

middle earth smoker Member

sir alex,

give lanes limited bca a try.its a nice black cavandish aromatic with a light vanilla casing.i smoke it all day every day.

5. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Member

DAN's Sweet Vanilla Honeydew is a VA based aromatic that doesnt use artificial flavoring.It is absolutely delicious,but can be a little hard to find sometimes.

6. Longrifle3006

Longrifle3006 Member

+1 for the PSLTF, my current "go-to" toby....

7. redlebz

redlebz New Member

Thank you all, I'll see what I can get!

8. Tas Gunsmith

Tas Gunsmith Member

Sir Alex,
    I have only just this day received a tobacco order of which contents I will post of on the morrow.
    Inclusive of this order was some Planta Original Danish Black Vanilla Mixture. I believe this to contain real vanilla bean not just a flavored topping.
    Just this night I have proceeded to pull the lid and inhale the tin aroma which is excellent. The moisture content was such that only one light was nescesarry to provide continual burning. I find that most aros get bitter at the end and stopped the pleasure before the end was nigh even though it was still alight. The dottle was turned in to a compas and tossed west I think. I found this aromatic blend to taste and smell as good when burning as good as it smelt in the tin which is sometimes unusual. This will definitely be no1 on my next reorder and has got me back in to the swing of arros. I would give this a go......YUM.
    Cheers Rolf......Enjoy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.