1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

Looking for info

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by SidZiff, Sep 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SidZiff

SidZiff Member

on these two pipes. The first is labeled "The Humidor" on the shank and has no other visible markings. It is almost identical to the Mastercraft Popular that I posted pictures of here -> https://pipesmokersforum.com/community/threads/first-estate-clean-up.20488/ . I suspect this may have been a give away but I have no good info.

[​IMG]

The second is a Sasieni Windsor (badly in need of cleaning), I'm mainly interested in when this pipe might have been made and where it fit in the Sasieni world. It stamped on the bottom "Made In England" followed by "Sasieni Windsor" then "London Made" and at the end of the shank "53"

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks
    John

2. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

Heck , I dont know ... just want to say they are both nice looking pipes ... clean that second one up and it's a perfect quicker smoke !

3. SidZiff

SidZiff Member

Thanks, It's actually not that small of a pipe. Here's another photo to give perspective. I'll probably get it cleaned up tomorrow.

[​IMG]

John

4. Klauswermann

Klauswermann Member

That Bulldog is very nice, very classic and graceful lines!

5. MakDragon

MakDragon Wizard of PSF

Dont know anything about the pipe, but that is one nice pipe rack!!!

WAMPipe13 and MacNutz like this.
  6. MacNutz

MacNutz Active Member

that is a duel purpose rack. Protects the pipe from falling over and protects it from thieves.

MakDragon, WAMPipe13 and SidZiff like this.
  7. Stonewall

Stonewall Active Member

That Sasieni looks like its in fantastic shape. Congratulations there fer sure!

8. mattia76

mattia76 Member

The Sasieni Windsor was probably made in the 60's or 70's, I think. If the "Made in England" is in an oval shape, then it's usually 40's and 50's. "London Made" stamping comes later.

9. SidZiff

SidZiff Member

Made in England is in an oval right at the bottom of the bowl. London made is near the end of the shank.

John

10. mattia76

mattia76 Member

11. SidZiff

SidZiff Member

Thanks for the info, I spotted another Sasieni I have while looking through the brochures. I also have one of the Litewates that I picked up in this same lot. I think it's in pretty good shape also. I'll have to give it a closer look tomorrow.

John

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.