Looking for more lat blends.

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by KN092011, May 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KN092011

KN092011 Member

Through much experimentation, I have concluded that I strongly gravitate toward Lat/Oriental/Turkish forward blends (like how I didn't use the term "English" there?) and I'm beginning to compile a list of blends to try. However, it can be a bit overwhelming to search TR.com for blends containing these tobaccos. So, rather than do that, what are some blends that fall into this realm that you have tried and what were your impressions?

I should add, I have tried a small handful of these types of blends but the ones I like the most are the Frog Morton series and Squadron Leader. Any other suggestions?

Trauma and YAPPG like this.

2. JRobert

JRobert Hermit Forum Guide

David Emond, YAPPG and dwaugh like this.
  3. David Emond

David Emond Active Member

You could try dunhill 965, peterson old dublin, english chocolate from two friends and last old ironsides from dan tobacco.

Oh almost forgot limey bastard from b&b tobacconist

4. AussieTX

AussieTX Active Member

Some great recommendations. I'd also recommend Dunhill Nightcap and H&H Larry's Blend.

David Emond and Pipe Matt like this.
  5. Snookman

Snookman Member

I would recommend Hearth and Home Larry's Blend from Pipes and Cigars. But It is on backorder.

David Emond likes this.
  6. gunsmoke

gunsmoke Member

A couple of my favorites in that vein are McClelland Bombay Extra, Rattrays Red Rapparee

David Emond likes this.
  7. Pipe Matt

Pipe Matt Member

Yes, Nightcap and Larry's Blend are both very nice. Also 4noggins Britt's Balkan is good.

AussieTX and David Emond like this.
  8. Trauma

Trauma Active Member

Frog Morton on the Bayou is one of my favs, so is Cerberus by Hearth and Home (pipesandcigars.com)

[​IMG]

AussieTX, pipedrum22 and David Emond like this.
  9. Ephraim

Ephraim Member

Yeah I would recommend Dunhill 965 as well. Was the first blend with Latakia I ever smoked about 10 years ago. I enjoyed it quite a bit and found it to be pretty "balanced", which I think is important with Latakia blends.

David Emond likes this.
  10. BigJ

BigJ Active Member

Blue mountain and 10 Russians

Trauma likes this.
  11. Trauma

Trauma Active Member

Yeah! Definitely Blue Mountain, I forgot that one.

12. northernsmoke

northernsmoke Member

Only one I've had so far "English Supreme" from Lewis Pipe and Tobacco. Second bowl ever and enjoyed it more than the aromatic that was my first bowl. Supposedly made with Virginia, Turkish, and Latakia.

13. JHeiliger

JHeiliger Sales Account

I would 3rd Blue Mountain... and... I would recommend H&H Black House. It is a FANTASTIC blend that has quite a bit of Oriental that really rounds out the flavor nice.

I think the biggest difference between it an Blue Mountain is that Blue Mountain seems to have a bit more Virginia in it, and it gives it a certain sweetness that is very nice!

14. supdog

supdog Member

From Russ at P&C I recommend H&H Daybreak, Mt. Marcy and Sunjammer. Try McClellend bulk 5125 Coyote Classic it is similar to FMC. Skiff from SG

15. Pipe Matt

Pipe Matt Member

I have a tin of Blue Mountain waiting to be opened. This thread is making me want to open it sooner rather than later. :)

Trauma and JHeiliger like this.
  16. JHeiliger

JHeiliger Sales Account

Doooeeeetttt!!

Pipe Matt likes this.
  17. Malcontent

Malcontent Active Member

Second the Ol' Limey Bastard. Another good one is Ol' Froggy Bastard. That one is only available in the store, for those of us lucky enough to live near Asheville.:booty:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.