Looking for similar to MB 7 Seas Royal

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by jgstudios, Jan 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jgstudios

jgstudios Member

Well, I'm ready to put in for another TAD purchase soon. After experimenting with a bunch of different blends and finally settling on a couple of really dependable choices to stock up on, I have found I tend to depend on non aros. But occasionally, I still find myself venturing back out to some aro blends that I like for a change of pace. One of which is MacBaren 7 Seas Royal Blend. Several reviewers have noted that it's really just a fancy duplicate of Capt. Black Royal. So here's the thing. I want to find a very similar baccy, or something better than MB 7 Seas, that isn't so bitey. I really like that aroma, but it would be nice to find something that tastes better. I DO NOT want Capt. Black. I'm looking for a blend to try and experiment with as an interesting side note to my usual non aro rotation. For times when I need something pretty you see? But not Capt. Black, and not so bite prone but tasty. Yeah, that's the ticket. Thanks to all for your input. JG

PS: Can any of you tell what the casing is on 7 seas royal? At first I thought vanilla, then later it tasted/smelled chocolate.

2. ol gto

ol gto Member

Have you taken a look at Lane 1Q or RLP-6?

3. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Sales Account

I wonder if something like Erinmore Flake would suit you, jg?

CalPiper likes this.
  4. CalPiper

CalPiper Member

+1 on the Erinmore Flake

5. cobbsmoker

cobbsmoker Active Member

Have you tried SWR Aromatic? It might be that sweet change of pace smoke you're looking for occasionally.

Rewster66 likes this.
  6. Slow Tri

Slow Tri Is it Friday yet?

Stanwell Melange might do the trick. It is my favorite aro and it burns cool.

7. flipflops

flipflops Member

I received a sample from Tobacco Traders in Los Angeles of their main house blend "Savannah," and I love it. It is somewhat like Captain Black but smoother and has a decent taste and room note..........

http://www.tobaccotraderusa.com/tobacco.html

8. Ozark Nick

Ozark Nick Member

I can't stand smoking Captain Black, makes my head spin.

Prince Albert Soft Vanilla tastes very similar to me, but without the head spinning nastiness of the Captain. And I've never had it bite either.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.