1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

Looking for some advice on Pokers

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by Lukasaurus, Jun 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lukasaurus

Lukasaurus Member

I'm looking to add a poker to my collection in the near future, I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations in this regard? Ideally I'm looking for something rustic and chunky with a relatively short stem. Probably in the range of £30-50.

Please bare in mind I'm in the UK and am, due to my current location, bound to online sellers who ship UK wide.

Any thoughts from you fine fellows? Thanks in advance ^_^

2. dwaugh

dwaugh Moderator Moderator

There is a grumpy old guy on the forum who makes some short stem pokers in that price range. His name is DGErwin11 and he has a Etsy store here http://www.etsy.com/shop/cobcobbler He can custom make stuff to, so if you don't see what you want, ask him about it. Yes, Doug will pay me a commission if you buy one (not really, I wish :D)

MakDragon likes this.
  3. DGErwin11

DGErwin11 Moderator Moderator

Do not overlook Old Ted, another grumpy old forum member, and he is located in the UK.
    You will need to PM OT, he does not have a website.

MacNutz and dwaugh like this.
  4. upinsmoke

upinsmoke Member

Have you checked smoke-king.co.uk? smoke1.co.uk has a lot of pipes in your price range, but I did not see a poker. You might call these stores and check.

5. Metzger

Metzger New Member

Have you had a look at Moretti pipes? I've lately seen a nice poker on ebay in that price range, maybe a bit more expensive.

6. Tony Malerich

Tony Malerich Active Member

I'm not at my computer so can't easily look up their line, but have you checked Invicta? Some great pipes at very adorable prices, and right there in the UK. There's another domestic (for you) carver that others have spoken about, but I'm blanking on the name right now.

7. User3940

User3940 Active Member

+1 on DGE. Can't speak from experience as he won't allow me anywhere near his house, lawn, or bushes. But rumor has it that he makes a quality poker.

8. DGErwin11

DGErwin11 Moderator Moderator

But your money is welcome.:byg:

User3940 and 5H4N3 like this.
  9. Lukasaurus

Lukasaurus Member

Thanks for the tips guys :) I'd love to chat with Old ted seeing as he lives so close my my homeland, but for some reason I'm unable to PM.

I must say, after a little reading and you tubing, I'd love to have a crack at pipe making. My dads made some really interesting numbers I his time so I'll have to quiz him next time I'm home!

10. Marc Freeman

Marc Freeman Member

I would highly recommend Old Ted, his pipes are smoking machines of the finest order.
    Northern Briars are excellent
    And so are Blakemar Briars.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.