1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

Lorenzo Napoli with hexagonal shank?????

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by Hold Fast, Jul 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hold Fast

Hold Fast Member

Hi folks just a question really, I have come into the position of a pipe which is stamped with lorenzo makers mark then Napoli on the other side it's full polished pipe with a hexagonal shank and mouthpiece.

I have looked high and low on the net but can find nothing out about it. Anyone care to she'd a little light

Thanks for your help

2. Smokey Tom

Smokey Tom Active Member

Can you post a pic? Visuals seem to be very helpful and appreciated amongst our crowd.

3. User3940

User3940 Active Member

I can tell you that I am the proud owner of a Lorenzo, and it is one of my favorites. Enjoy it. It will serve you well.

4. Hold Fast

Hold Fast Member

5. Hold Fast

Hold Fast Member

A few pics to help with the ident of this pipe. I have trawled the net with no luck

6. Smokey Tom

Smokey Tom Active Member

7. Hold Fast

Hold Fast Member

Thanks for that just trying to find out more about this one cause I have never seen one with hex shank and stem

8. Smokey Tom

Smokey Tom Active Member

The only other reference I can find is a link to a recently ended ebay auction for one, which I assume is how you came by it.

9. Hold Fast

Hold Fast Member

Yep

10. Smokey Tom

Smokey Tom Active Member

Have you tried asking the former owner about it? How they acquired it, where they got it from, etc.?

11. xrundog

xrundog Active Member

Lorenzo liked to experiment with unusual shapes stems and finishes. Though many traditional shapes are found as well. There are usually a decent amount available on eBay. Prices are pretty reasonable. And I don't think they cost a lot when new. There are Lorenzo collectors.

ArmedOctopus likes this.
  12. ArmedOctopus

ArmedOctopus Active Member

Lorenzo made a line called "Elba" that are absolutely awesome.

My dad did some research and discovered that they were made by one guy. He made pipes for years and then his son (or maybe daughter died) and it struck him so hard he lost the will to do anything. So he stopped making pipes and eventually died. I've always wanted one just because of that story. Super sad, but what a treasure to own one of his pipes!

13. Hold Fast

Hold Fast Member

Thanks for that I wasn't aware at all and now feel a little special to have a piece of history. I just smoked a bowl of Petersons sunset breeze in it and I must say it was bloody amazing both pipe and tobbaco. You can recommend any good plugs or flakes that would be great too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.