Lost lighter *facesmack*

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I bought a lighter from LIGHTERS DIRECT and thought I had an issue with it. (I am beginning to believe it was user error). So they sent me a prepaid label to return it for replacement. I am usually quick about shipping and dropped it off the following morning....only, I dropped it off at the USPS and failed to realize it was a UPS label. :doh:

So anyways, that was well over a month ago. Supposedly that happens pretty frequently and they just move everything where it needs to be. But the tracking number hasnt shown up yet as recieved. USPS confirmed that they do not have the package so now I have to wait on LIGHTERS DIRECT to file a claim. Not sure how all that works, but I think I am going to be $20 in the hole AND without my lighter. Wouldnt be so bad if I had twenty dollar bills running out my ears....Very upsetting....

highstump

Sorry about the loss of the lighter but it sounds like they made good on it without a lot of problems. It tells me (A) they are good to deal with and (B), this probably happens more often than you think. :byg:

I work at UPS and this stuff happens all the time. People put USPS packages in UPS boxesand we have to pick them out and put them in the mail stack. Then someone comes by and switches them for UPS packages that were accidently dropped at the post office.

Moose

Happy to hear Lighters Direct has such good customer service. Will help with my decision the next time I am in the market for a lighter.

I work at UPS and this stuff happens all the time. People put USPS packages in UPS boxesand we have to pick them out and put them in the mail stack. Then someone comes by and switches them for UPS packages that were accidently dropped at the post office.
Idiots like me must keep you guys pretty busy....

Status
Not open for further replies.