Lost Pipe!

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jdto, Mar 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jdto

jdto Active Member

This past weekend, i went out of town with some friends. I may have imbibed slightly more than was good for me, but I had fun. Unfortunately, my Sunday was a bit hazy, with a long drive back to town. I got home in time to get showered up and head over to a family dinner, thinking all was right with the world. For my trip, I had take two pipes, though I only ended up smoking one of them. They both made the trip back, or so I thought. The strange thing is, the bag is here, the other pipe is here, the baccy is here, but my new (to me) Brigham 4-dot straight prince is nowhere to be found. Neither is my stainless steel hip flask, for that matter. I've looked everywhere and nothing...

I hadn't even smoked it yet!

I've got a message out to the guy who drove us back to see if I left it in is car...my brain must have been more pickled than I thought.

2. Johnny Dingo

Johnny Dingo Writer of wrongs

That rots, dude. I've done things like that. *goes to check that he brought his own possessions hope after imbibing too much on Saturday*

3. Jussto

Jussto Active Member

I hope you find it, I was glad to realize that mine made it home this weekend. I heard that forget fullness (along with headache, nausea, and lack of energy) is one of the symptoms of the Irish Flu, and I'm pretty sure I had a touch of it on Sunday, it was going around.

zirrow likes this.
  4. dwaugh

dwaugh Moderator Moderator

5. Lestrade

Lestrade Active Member

Hope you find it.

6. Stonewall

Stonewall Active Member

Ditto!

7. Artistik

Artistik Member

Aw that sucks big time.

8. jdto

jdto Active Member

LOL my daughter just found the pipe. It was in the "girls" bathroom, for some reason (my wife and daughter share a bathroom and I use the other one).

9. furious

furious Junque collector

Sounds like a case of drunken shenanigans to me. Either that or a leprechaun hid it.

user2725, zirrow, jdto and 1 other person like this.
  10. dmkerr

dmkerr PG- free since '83! Moderator

Glad you found it! We have a "ghost" in our house that removes various things. I know I don't take them and none of my three kids will admit it. Hence, it is this pesky ghost. Funny thing is, whenever something goes missing, it's missing forever - never turns up! Weirdest thing. ;)

jdto likes this.
  11. Old Ted

Old Ted Active Member

I will always remember getting drunk and losing my...er...'innosense' - but thankfully no pipes!:rolleyes:

Rewster66 and jdto like this.
  12. jdto

jdto Active Member

I'm just not sure why I'd take a pipe into that bathroom. I mean, occasionally, I use it because it's closer to the living room, but why all the other stuff was back in my pipe cupboard and that wasn't is what escapes me. :msty:

13. Hudson

Hudson Member

Perhaps the girls have a secret hobby?

But really, this does bring up a serious issue and I would posit that it's just as important to id tag your pipes as it is for your pets. Or your kids, for that matter. Even a gps chip should be considered. I'm thinking opportunity here . . . a potential cash cow. I'm thinking a thin sterling silver number that fits between stem and shank, secured by our master craftsmen to your pipe for only $129.95 plus S&H. Cottage industry franchises might become available.

jdto likes this.
  14. WyoBob

WyoBob Member

I used to think we had a ghost (or that I was getting really forgetful). Turned out it was my oldest daughter. I had a "beer fridge" in the garage. When it was time for Friday Afternoon Club in my shop (we generally had around 10 people and grilled stuff, drank adult beverages and some of us smoked. This went on for years), I'd go to the fridge and, gee, I thought I had more beer on hand. Oh, and where did my cooler go. I just bought one not too long ago.

I found out later that she'd take the cooler over to the fridge and scoop out a bunch of beer for her friends. She didn't like or drink beer. Sometimes the cooler didn't make it home. The worst thing that happened was when she grabbed a handful (8 or 9) of Ashton Aged Maduros (now around $180/box) to pass out to her friends. They were kept in a special humidor and I smoked one once a month. I found out her buddies didn't like them and took a few puffs and tossed them:mad:

She's married, now, with twin 3 year old boys. Payback is just around the corner (if not already here.);)

WyoBob

15. Johnny Dingo

Johnny Dingo Writer of wrongs

Glad you found it, man! :appl:

jdto likes this.
  16. dmkerr

dmkerr PG- free since '83! Moderator

Ah, so your ghost has human form as well? :D

17. Ol Brokedik

Ol Brokedik Active Member

Good thing you resisted the temptation to jump off the top of a tall building.

Dutchking22 and jdto like this.
  18. Ol Brokedik

Ol Brokedik Active Member

You have to recall the story of "disappearing beers and cigars" as a pleasant memory. This is a great story. I enjoyed the read.

Thanks, WyoBob!!

WyoBob likes this.
  19. Mington

Mington Well-Known Member

Congrats on finding the pipe. I bet that was a relief and a good feeling.
    Now If I were you, I'd give it the Everclear and also salt treatments before smoking it. Maybe put one of those little black rubber tips on the end too. heh
    :poop::zom:

jdto likes this.
  20. 1858remington

1858remington Active Member

and this is why we need to have our pipes get little locator trackers in their stems, like they do for pets.:D

Dutchking22 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.