louisiana flake has just got better

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by craig, Feb 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. craig

craig Active Member

hey guys hope your well.

so a good few months back i got me some louisiana flake and i had a few bowls out of it, loved it (its been one of my favourites since i started), and it was sat a good couple of months, then before christmas i got my trade of snake and it included some irish oak, loved the stuff and the louisiana flake kind of took a back seat, anyways on friday i finished the irish oak and today cracked that tub of louisiana flake back open.

And oh boy what a smoke it is now the flavours have got a touch more intense and is as smooth as silk, im savouring every draw and trying to make it last as long as possible, this stuff is the dogs proverbials.

armed weith this new discovery i was going to take my tin of gl pease filmore away with me not now, if that stuff ages half as good as the louisiana flake then its going to blow my mind.

happy days and happy smoking to you all

Mington likes this.

2. StubrnDutchman

StubrnDutchman Member

Isn't it great when that happens? Glad it worked out for you.

craig likes this.
  3. Old Ted

Old Ted Active Member

.......you're going away Craig? :banana::bdance:
    OT, (only kidding!)

craig likes this.
  4. dmkerr

dmkerr PG- free since '83! Moderator

Yeah, that's one of my favorites, even while Fillmore is probably the only GLP blend I cannot smoke. Interesting. The two blends could not be more different. Glad you're enjoying - it's a fantastic tobacco.

5. Tony Malerich

Tony Malerich Active Member

I have 12 oz stashed now, and 4 oz in the current rotation. Maybe I should just set it aside for a few months. I do have plenty open. :D

6. craig

craig Active Member

im having to fight myself not to smoke the hell out of it, haha, is the filmore loaded with more perique dan?

7. craig

craig Active Member

yeah i think if i had to picka tobacco to smoke exclusively for the rest of my life louisiana flake would take that honour

8. craig

craig Active Member

its amazing truely it is, and thats only been aged for about five months, i open it up every week or two give it a shake about and a ouple of warm exhales in the tub and shut it back up and its delightful

9. dmkerr

dmkerr PG- free since '83! Moderator

Much more perique in the Fillmore but that isn't the problem for me. At least, I don't think it is, as I smoke a lot of perique-heavy blends. Fillmore is just really harsh for me. Telegraph Hill is my GLP vaper of choice.

FlatbushPaul likes this.
  10. craig

craig Active Member

ill bear that in mind thanks dan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.