1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

Love at first sight!

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by The Dane, May 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Dane

The Dane Member

Have you ever tried to fall in love in a split second? I have - twice, the first time was in my wife and the second time was about a month ago! My wife and I had decided to go away for a long weekend and had booked a room at a hotel in a town in the south-west corner of Zeeland (Denmark) called Slagelse. We had done some research and I had found out that there were two pipe-dealers in the town and further more one of them was one of two dealers in Denmark that had Peterson pipes. I was in seventh heaven!
    Saturday I stood outside the pipe and tobacco store. It didn't of much and I was soooo disappointed. But I walked through the door and was relly surpriced. To the left was the counter and behind that the wall was covered of shelves with tobacco. Another wall had sliding walls with pipes, there must have been 200 pipes or more! Half an hour later I purchesed a Peterson Smooth System 313 and two tins of Rattray's ( a Professional Mixture and an Old Gowrie).
    I met with my wife again but she complained that she hadn't found what she was looking fore. I took a chance and sent her off again. Then I went back to the tobacconist. he looked at me, smiled and said that he might have something that would interest me. He took out a small case, said he had a few Søren Refbjerg pipes. I had never heard of Refbjerg!!! But when he opened the case I fell in love. Right there layed 3 pipes of the utmost beauty. The pipe that cought my in a second was a fantastic Bulldog. I was in love!!!!!
    Well back at the hotel I held the pipe in my hand, admiring it beauty. It was like holding hands with a virgin. I filled her with my favourite tobacco ( W.Ø.Larsen's Navy Flake), lit her and drifted of to wonderland, a dream come true. A three-some, me, Larsen and Refbjerg.
    Back home after a very pleasant weekend I find it wonderfull to be in love with two. My wife first of all and then Refbjerg. That's LOVE.

Good smoke to all of you

2. Zfog

Zfog Member

Sounds like you had a fantastic time, I would love to see a pic of that Bulli!

3. RTOdhner

RTOdhner Well-Known Member

Good deal, but I say cheat on the second love of your life (not the wife, but the pipe) and sneak around behind the Bulli's back and get the Pete! The Bulli will never need to know;)!

4. nitehawk

nitehawk Active Member

Sounds like a very productive weekend, you had there, Dane. But, I agree with Zfog....don't hide her (the pipe, that is), show us a picture.

5. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Sales Account

Soren makes nice pipes. I've liked a lot of what I've seen in both his "Soren" brand and ... gosh, who was he carving for... Larsen maybe? Can't remember off the top of my head.

Anyway, well done!

6. The Dane

The Dane Member

Thanks all of you guys. Think I will post a picture of the bull later. Ohh by the way, I did bring Pete home too.....LOL

7. nitehawk

nitehawk Active Member

SCOOOOOORE!!!!

8. The Dane

The Dane Member

Better late than never
    [​IMG]

9. The Dane

The Dane Member

No, ... didn't work
    Maybe now.

[​IMG]

Yeps her's the proof. A computer-moron can learn how to post pics.

10. craig

craig Active Member

Im not normally a fan of bulldogs dane but that is the prettyest bulldog ive seen no wonder you fell in love
    I hope it gives you many happy years of smoking joy

11. The Dane

The Dane Member

Thanks Craig. It smokes very well and is one of my favs.

12. craig

craig Active Member

Thats awesome dane theres no better feeling whwn you find your perfect pipe and it smokes just as good as it looks

13. 5H4N3

5H4N3 Active Member

That's a beauty dane!
    Congratulations!

14. Russell Hartman

Russell Hartman Stay Silver

Sounds like you had an awesome time. Congrats on that Bully-Dog. I like it a lot. Glad to hear its working for you. Enjoy that pipe much. Its a beauty for sure.:thu2:

15. t-bear

t-bear Active Member

Beautiful bulldog! Well found.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.