Love Larry's Blend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave Dueck

I've got to give this a try. Looking for an inexpensive but good-quality English to be one of my 3 updated go-to blends (of which I've only picked out one). Larry's Blend, based on feedback, may very well be just what I'm looking for.

I bought 4oz of this off all the great talk about it. Being a VA smoker mostly, but enjoy a break into the aros at times, I thought this would be a good ideal. This is deffinatly wrong for me, but I'm so glad many are enjoying it. The buzz on this blend is very high! I'll be trading or sending it back. But I did give it a try!
Craig

I bought 4oz of this off all the great talk about it. Being a VA smoker mostly, but enjoy a break into the aros at times, I thought this would be a good ideal. This is deffinatly wrong for me, but I'm so glad many are enjoying it. The buzz on this blend is very high! I'll be trading or sending it back. But I did give it a try!
Craig
Hey Dragonslayer. Nice name by the way! :)

Sorry to hear you didn't like the LB. It does get a lot of rave reviews from people, me included. I don't want to change the topic of this thread but when I smoked aro's, the one I kept coming back to was Blue Note from Dan Tobacco. Give that one a try if you haven't already.

Kiowapipe

Sigh. I just don't get it with this one. I've smoked a few bowls of it and I keep coming up with the same answer. If a good Lat blend is a nice ripe tomato fresh out of the garden, then Larry's Blend is a supermarket tomato bought in February that you've had in the refrigerator for several days. I've still got a couple bowls left in the sample I've been smoking from, it's free to whoever wants it. If nobody PMs me I'll probably do the unthinkable and just pitch it.

Hey Dragonslayer. Nice name by the way! :)

Sorry to hear you didn't like the LB. It does get a lot of rave reviews from people, me included. I don't want to change the topic of this thread but when I smoked aro's, the one I kept coming back to was Blue Note from Dan Tobacco. Give that one a try if you haven't already.
It's going on the list thanks!

pauljmjr

Craig
Dragonslayer - sorry you didn't like Larry's Blend. But if you're primarily a VA and Aromatic smoker, LB is on the fairly heavy other end of the flavor/heaviness spectrum. If you're still interested in venturing into that territory, I'd suggest trying the original Frog Morton blend by McClelland. That's often used as a bridge blend to gently introduce the English/Balkan/Latakia type blends. Good luck - and enjoy!

Dragonslayer - sorry you didn't like Larry's Blend. But if you're primarily a VA and Aromatic smoker, LB is on the fairly heavy other end of the flavor/heaviness spectrum. If you're still interested in venturing into that territory, I'd suggest trying the original Frog Morton blend by McClelland. That's often used as a bridge blend to gently introduce the English/Balkan/Latakia type blends. Good luck - and enjoy!
That's an excellent suggestion. The original FM was the first "Gateway Latakia blend" I smoked. I still like it and smoke it often but, keeping with this thread, Larry's Blend is where it's at for me.

In fact I do enjoy FMOT, that's why I decided to order it from all the buzz. Going to put it up for trade and see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.