Mac Baren 7 Seas Pipe Tobacco Video

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by woody, Sep 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. woody

woody Admin Admin

Thanks to smokingpipes.com for the video
    [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUSDVkiyP8o[/media]

2. Longrifle3006

Longrifle3006 Member

I'm really enjoying the 7 Seas Royal, glad I decided to give it a try.

Cool video, thanks...

3. woody

woody Admin Admin

Got my order in for some now :puffy:

4. erickghint

erickghint Member

Got some on the order I put in yesterday. It'll be here on Tuesday, so I'll throw together a review if you gents are interested. From what I understand, it's basically the same flavoring, but different amounts of the blending tobaccos. That may be wrong, but either way I'm looking forward to trying it. This is the first time I've really gotten a chance to try out a tobacco so soon after its release. They also sell it in bulk on SmokingPipes, which is a plus if you enjoy it. :)

5. woody

woody Admin Admin

I'm most definitely interested in what you think of it as I'm sure are many others. Being a new blend there is not a lot of opinions online yet.

6. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Sales Account

I'm really unsure about this stuff - will certainly try it. It looks like a Sail-mimic in terms of tobacco in Captain Black-mimic packaging. Kind of a weird market to be trying to take a bite of.

Will wait for reports.

7. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

Sounds like M.B. wants a bite of the C.B. and the like market . Sounds like competition ! I hope it's some good new blends .

8. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Sales Account

The idea of a "good" Captain Black, one that isn't full of PG and doesn't taste just a little like burning plastic.... man, that would be nice. I mean, I suspect I could LOVE these blends, but I'm afraid of how pissed I'll be if I don't!

9. woody

woody Admin Admin

We should start getting some feedback this coming week.

10. Abe Lincon

Abe Lincon Member

Looking forward to it, im on the fence about this blend.

11. woody

woody Admin Admin

I'm not a big aromatic fan but I do like MB Vanilla Cream, so if it's as good as that we may have a winner.

12. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Sales Account

If Vanilla Cream meets Captain Black, I'm in.

13. Falconeer

Falconeer Active Member

Hi All,

Watched the video with great interest _ these days it's always great to see new tobaccos coming out. I'm just experimenting with Captain Black just now, so will be very interested to see what Mac Barren does with this style.

Looking forward to hearing more; thanks for posting

Gerry

14. StevenEC

StevenEC Member

Just ordered all 3 myself, seems like I like pretty much anything from Mac Baren I tried so far, like Mixture, Mixture flake, Burley London Blend, Navy Flake, Vanilla Cream, and Club blend so I'm sure I'll like these.

Actually started out with Captain Black before going to Mac Barens, I like their flavored tobacco also, but it does bite a lot, even using a filter, I haven't had nearly as much tongue bite with Mac Barens even though people all say it bites also. I think that may just be people trying to hog all of it for themself.

15. Longrifle3006

Longrifle3006 Member

to my (admittedly f-ed up) taste, the 7 Seas Royal is somewhat similar to MacB OC, but not the same. The 7SRyB seems a bit sweeter, more light fruity notes, and somehow much more satisfying to me. Also I haven't got the faintest hint of bite yet. It seems to be one of those tobacco that you want to say "yum" when you light a bowl. I doubt that this helps anybody but there ya go....

16. Shootinok

Shootinok Member

Tried the 7 Seas Royal thanks to a sample from a distinguished member... (it was Woody) :whistle:
    I really like it!

Light, smooth, but tasty. Wife didn't like the room note though, said it was "icky"

I let it dry for a while as it was pretty damp, then it stayed lit very well. Burned to the bottom of the bowl into a whit ash. no slimy residue. This one might have to be an occasional treat for me.
    Thanks again Woody!

17. Falconeer

Falconeer Active Member

Hi All,

Sounding good so far. Your initial impressions are getting me seriously interested....

Gerry

18. Tas Gunsmith

Tas Gunsmith Member

Me too.
    Thanks for the video. I'll keep an eye on this thread for further news.
    Cheers.

19. daveinlax

daveinlax Member

For those who don't know who he is, Frank Blews was "the man" at Lane Ltd/Dunhill USA. :bling:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.