Mac Baren Latakia blend

Status
Not open for further replies.

ruffinogold

Mayor
So, I tried a bowl of this last night. I just couldn't wait, and I wanted to see if I could taste the Lat in it. I could. It isn't a bomb like my other lat blends, but it is there for me. Over all a good blend for me. Not so heavy on the lat that I can't taste anything else. It's a smoky flavor with a hint of virginia. I must just be able to taste any amount of Lat in a blend. I get quite a bit out of Walnut as well. I will be smoking this in my meer's.

It's even better in a Meer ! I think youre like me .. I can taste Latakia in the smallest amount . What pipe did you have it in ? I smoke it in my Meer Gourd and it's aboyt as good as it can get !

Sasquatch

Wizzard
Per told me at Chicago that it is 1% latakia, and called the Latakia Blend because of the roll cake/coin/disc/spun cut/twist flake family they have, it is the only one with any latakia in it at all.

So that's Stockton, Roll Cake, Club Blend, Dark Twist, Latakia Blend.... missing any? Anyway they're all good but the Latakia Blend is special.

ruffinogold

Mayor
That is an awesome gourd!
It is ! It's the best pipe I ever smoked and I don't smoke it often cause it takes a good while to smoke it , which is the only downer , cause I'd like to smoke it more often . I mainly smoke MB Latakia in it cause I figure when I have the time to smoke it , I might as well fill it with my favorite blend ...... though I'm dyin to try Ogdens walnut in it :eek: .... man , that's gonna be even longer ... cool !

MikeInMaine

Passes for human
Patron
I bought a tin after reading the mayors post on it. I still haven't opened it but I may get a couple more tins since my local smoke shop has it.
As soon as I finish something else and get a jar freed up I'll crack it open.

mecompco

OK, smoked some in my little Wellington on the way to the office this morning and, just about at the bottom of the bowl, got the slightest hint of Latakia. I don't smoke lats in it, so it's not a ghost. Good to know there is at least "some" lat in this nice blend. :)

Skrymr

OK, smoked some in my little Wellington on the way to the office this morning and, just about at the bottom of the bowl, got the slightest hint of Latakia. I don't smoke lats in it, so it's not a ghost. Good to know there is at least "some" lat in this nice blend. :)
I smoke a couple bowls in my meer this weekend. For me it has a stronger lat presence than in a briar. I was really hoping for a lighter lat flavor. :whis: It seems any amount of lat in a blend will make it's presence known to me pretty strongly.

It seems any amount of lat in a blend will make it's presence known to me pretty strongly
That's what I get too. I really like the MB Latakia Blend, but usually reserve it for the late evening because it strikes me as a very rich smoke. Not particularly strong, but very thick and satisfying. And the latakia is definitely there for me.

Plumcake on the other hand seems like a more subtle use of latakia. Maybe it's down in the 0.5 % range. Anyway, I can taste it, but only faintly in the background. Another great smoke, but more on the aromatic side.

My dream is to get a Sav 316 EX with a 1+ inch diameter chamber, where you can load it loosely with a stack of spun discs adding some rubbed out kindling on top. And then letting that baby smolder for a good 3 hours. Doing that with the Latakia Blend might be a bit too much. But Stockton would be perfect, with all that dark-fired richness.

Skrymr

I had another bowl of this in my estate Kaywoodie last night after work. I finally got what everyone here has been describing. The lat was much less pronounced, and it was a very good smoke. I'm not sure if I loaded it differently, or if it is just a little drier after sitting in the tin for a couple weeks. Either way, it was a very good smoke. This could be the lat blend I have been looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.