Mac Baren Mixture Modern

Status
Not open for further replies.

1stGenRex

I picked up this blend because I was told it's a good blend, and relatively "bite proof". Anyway, I've tried it about 4-5 times in a cob, and I find that, while it does smoke well, it's VERY light....Almost too light! I had to check a few times to make sure I didn't need a re-light. If the flavors in this toby were a bit more intense, I think it would be pretty awesome, but as it is, I think I'd rather reach for CWB or Sugar Barrel than this stuff.

Anyone else have any thoughts on this blend? Maybe it's because I'm smoking it in a cob that the flavors are somewhat lost?

ruffinogold

Mayor
It's a lighter version than the Mixture blend . I was suprised they made it cause the regular Mixture isnt heavy by any means . I used to smoke Mixture alot before MB GE hooked me . I've never tried the ModernVersion . The regular is quite good though !

1stGenRex

I'd be surprised if this isn't one of the lightest blends ever. I could see where that might appeal to some people, but it's not my thing. Too bad I don't have a post office here, I might actually send it out to someone that might truly enjoy the stuff.

Thanks for the head's up, Rex. This one was on my "eventually get-around-to-trying" list, but I think I'll pass and try the regular Mixture instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.