1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

Macarthur's corn cob

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by Dutchking22, Jun 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ddandb

ddandb Member

Here's a link to a chart showing all the dimentions for the MM pipes including the MacArthur.
    http://aristocob.com/Pipe-Size-Chart-W5732.aspx
    Googling 'make corn cob pipe' seems to come up with lots of advice.

On another note I wonder how field corn would work? The corn they feed to horses. That stuff is as hard as a rock.

2. 1stGenRex

1stGenRex Member

I would suggest getting some corn from a farmers market. Perhaps their corn has bigger cobs? IDK, it would be worth a shot.

3. Dutchking22

Dutchking22 Member

I could try that, or I could hope that a pet store would have them.......

4. 1stGenRex

1stGenRex Member

I know PetSmart has miniature corn on the cob, for hamster-sized creatures :P

5. Dutchking22

Dutchking22 Member

Now to get a hamster and teach it to smoke!

Kiowapipe and 1stGenRex like this.
  6. dwaugh

dwaugh Moderator Moderator

Dutchking, have you made on progress on the cob front? We had corn for dinner last night so I saved a cob and cut off a section to see what kind of diameter it had on the inside. After cleaning the "pith" (don't know if that what the call it the corn world...) the inside diameter would be 3/8" not very big. The corn seemed about normal size to me while eating. It was boiled, I don't know to what extent that may have shrunk it, and I assume it shrank some on drying.....

Calipers are open to one inch.... -David

[​IMG]

P.S. (to the caliper aficionados: these are my wet duty and "don't want to scratch things" calipers, don't make fun of the plastic :rofl:

7. 1stGenRex

1stGenRex Member

I had corn today too, interestingly enough, and the part that would have made the bowl was probably the size of my pinkie toe...which is rather small :P

I think it's worth noting, that MM grows their own corn, because corn we get, as consumers, has been made to yield more of the edible stuff, and less of the cob. MM's corn is a type that grows larger cobs, as that's what they are in business for :P

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.