MacB Virginia #1?

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Mington, Apr 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 50rayj

50rayj Member

I've been smoking it nearly everyday for the past month . Really liked it when I first tried it so ordered up about a pound of the stuff. But now I'm growing a little tired of it, bites a little too. I probably should give it a rest and go back to it later.

Jay likes this.

2. Jayson H Bucy

Jayson H Bucy Member

I love it. But it's the only pure Virginia tobacco I've tried. It's a little unforgiving if you're a puffer, but as long as you sip it, it tastes great.

3. Jeebs

Jeebs Active Member

age on this tobacco will cure the bite to the point were it is bite less.......

50rayj likes this.
  4. 50rayj

50rayj Member

I'm hoping so :)

5. 50rayj

50rayj Member

It was the first tobacco I tried in my new MM MacArthur from Aristocob nearly a month ago. It tasted great then and smoked long, cool, and dry.

6. RTOdhner

RTOdhner Well-Known Member

I'll have to try a tin. I thought their Virginia Flake tasted like cardboard, so I'm glad I only invested in a tin of it. A wood of wisdom that I did not think needed to be mentioned, but I've seen too many cases where a person buys multiple pounds of a blend (just on word or mouth alone) only to find he hates it.

7. 50rayj

50rayj Member

Oh I don't hate it by any means. I'm sure I'll continue to enjoy it after giving it a break. My tastes change from day to day it seems but there seems to be certain tobaccos that I always go back to time and again. I don't feel that I've wasted my money at all.

8. Mington

Mington Well-Known Member

That's why I will either buy 1 tin or 1 ounce (if bulk) first. And why sample trading here is cool and fun!

9. Jay

Jay Active Member

I just don't get the often mentioned Mac B bite. I mean, there is a little bit of a sharp tingle on lighting but it has never bitten me to the point where I would curse this tobacco. The Mac B's I have smoked always perform well, are readily available with good consistency and are priced right. No complaints here.

And yes Sas, we know of your love for Club Blend and Dark Twist--I like them too and have found nothing that compares

50rayj likes this.
  10. Brian

Brian Member

I agree with the reviews that it is a very very light colored, toasty and sweet VA. That's a good description. I like MacB VA#1, have smoked a couple tins of it in the past. It doesn't compel me to keep it in bulk in my cellar, but I would buy another tin perhaps if I saw it on a shelf. It's been a while since my last one. It's not some amazing blend to rave about, but it's good. I kind of like a lighter, more simple, less challenging VA sometimes. I really do like the toasty sweet flavor in the foreground on VA#1.

I bought a pound of Club Blend (which is an enormous quantity for my purchasing and smoking pace). I like the additional spicy flavor from the MacBaren Cavendish in every coin (which is a lot like a Danish form of Perique in a lot of ways, don't think sweet vanilla american aromatic black cavendish).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.