MacBaren 7 Seas...whos tried it? And if not, what vanilla aromatics do you reccommend?

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by MrJarvis, Jun 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrJarvis

MrJarvis Member

I do love a good coco creme, vanilla or cherry aromatic....

for the first 2/3 of the bowl. LOL.

The bulk stuff I get at my local B&M is your standard syrup saturated stuff, but when I'm around others , especially non-smokers, I get a much better response if I'm puffing out a more enticing smell.

Ive been looking for some better aromatic options. I dont want to go chemical heavy an get a bunch of PG or other preservatives in my smoke.

I used to smoke a lot of MacBarens Virginia #1 back in the day, so this new 7 Seas offering has me intrigued.

Is this the same PG filled stuff you find OTC, or is this a purer more natural aromatic??

Whos tried it? If so, did it seem chemical heavy to you? Did it burn will down to the ash?

If not....What can you recommend for me?

I just bought a new Altinok, and it deserves a better class of aromatic. (And yes, I bought it specifically to smoke my aromatics in...)

[​IMG]

2. Iain

Iain Active Member

I've been smoking quite a bit of MacBarens Vanilla Cream Flake recently, it doesn't seem to be chemical heavy and doesn't leave a goopy mess behind. The base tobbacco is of good quality, with the vanilla flavouring being more of a topping. I tend to smoke it in my meerschaum mostly, no particular reason.

3. MrJarvis

MrJarvis Member

do you buy in bulk? or is this a tin only?

4. MrJarvis

MrJarvis Member

also, what is the difference between the flake and the loose cut?

5. Pecci

Pecci Active Member

It's available to me locally, but haven't tried it, since I am happy with the vanillaness of The Tobacco Trader's "Savanna." If you ask them, they will send you a generous & free sample.

6. MrJarvis

MrJarvis Member

yeah? do you have an email address for them?

7. Iain

Iain Active Member

I get it in tins, haven't seen it available in bulk.

I've only tried it in flake.

8. Kiowapipe

Kiowapipe Active Member

I've tried 7 Seas. I wouldn't call it "natural" by any means, but it wasn't gross and sticky like some aros. I actually enjoyed it. Sort of like CBW but with more coffee flavor. Also, cheaper and not as crappy ;) I'd say it's worth a try for you. I've actually still got some in a jar and if you like I could send you a couple bowls.

9. Pecci

Pecci Active Member

10. MrJarvis

MrJarvis Member

PMing you now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.