MacBaren MIXTURE MODERN

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Crownchiever, Jun 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crownchiever

Crownchiever Member

Is MacBaren's Ambrosia the same as MacBaren's Mixture Modern?

I'd like to buy Mixture Modern by the pound but I don't see it available anywhere I've looked.

Thanks

2. user0003

user0003 Well-Known Member

It's just called "Mixture" in bulk.

Terrible weed, not worth your time. I'd try Club instead........:xd:

Mixture is so bad that it's what I smoke and if I smoke it you know it has to suck. :D

:puffy:

3. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Sales Account

Jesla, I don't think "Mixture" aka "Scottish Mixture" and "Mixture Modern" are the same. Modern is a rebadging of something else.... I think it was called mellow or light or something... I'll have to look.

But I don't think either are the same at all as Black Ambrosia.

4. user0003

user0003 Well-Known Member

Could be, this as always been a point of confusion. I was under the impression that Mac B changed the name a few times and finally settled on "Mixture." I am quite interested in your findings.

I had or have a tin of BA, I was not impressed at the time I tried it. Things could be different if I tried it again.

5. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Sales Account

As far as I can tell, Mixture Modern used to be called Mixture Mild, and it's basically Mixture (aka Scottish Mixture) with a black cavendish added.

I've never heard anyone say that Black Ambrosia was any good. Even the weird ones like Stockton and Norwood have their fans.... but I've never heard anyone say "Oh wow... Black Ambrosia... it's great."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.