1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

Mail Call!

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by gyrostatic, Jan 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gyrostatic

gyrostatic Member

Sure, you might call it TAD/PAD; I just call it stocking up. I recently got word that I'm going on a short-notice deployment, so I kicked my hobby into overdrive and ordered quite a bit of stuff. Just two days ago I got my lovely anodized black Falcon with two bowls, and today I get home from work to find this waiting on my doorstep:

[​IMG]

• Two tins of Mac Baren Navy Flake, my favorite all-day smoke. This stuff is especially great early in the morning, when I need a decent nicotine kick. When I deploy, these two tins won't last long at all.
    • One tin of McClelland Frog Morton. I haven't tried this yet, but plenty of people here seem to love it, and I can't get enough English blends, so I've been dying to try it.
    • One tin of Dunhill Nightcap. I had been looking forward to this one so much, I couldn't wait. As soon as I opened it, I packed a cob full and puffed merrily away. All I can say is "wow!" It was everything I had hoped it would be. My garage now smells like a campfire, and my tongue is begging me to smoke more.
    • Erik Nording semi-rusticated pot. Nording pipes are (in my opinion) some of the best looking pipes available for under $100. If this one smokes half as good as it looks, I'll be in heaven. I'd had my eye on several Nording pipes for a while, but this no-notice deployment crap really lit a fire under my tail and reminded me that I needed a few decent briars. The bowl is massive, and I can't wait to cram two flakes of Mac B Navy in there!
    • Bjarne Viking rustic apple. This one is surprisingly heavy, definitely not for the clenchers. I was looking for something that would feel right in my hand and this pipe surely fits that bill.

Looks like I'll have plenty of pipe weed to smoke and plenty of pipes to smoke it in. Just in time!

:cheers:

2. Bri2k

Bri2k Active Member

Looks like a good haul to keep you supplied, llazy llama. I hope your deployment is short and you get back safe and sound.

3. pottsy

pottsy Member

You sure you ain't going to need more than that, baccy wise?

4. BradNTX

BradNTX Well-Known Member

Nice looking pipes; I love the Bjarne! Looks like a nice toby order as well. Be safe :bing:

5. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

Sounds like you've got that end of your deployment covered. Make sure you continue to cover your asss ("check 6") and come home well. Thanks for serving!

:velho:
    Ed Puff!
    Cogito ergo puff

6. gyrostatic

gyrostatic Member

pottsy: Oh, I'll need a lot more. Four little tins aren't going to last me through a 6 month deployment, that's for sure! I just ordered another 3 tins of Nightcap (I was instantly hooked!) not to mention the four full mason jars that will accompany me. Plus, I'll have a mailing address and semi-regular access to mail where I'm going, so it won't be a huge ordeal to order more.

BradNTX: Thanks! Yeah, that Bjarne caught my eye right away. I'm usually not a huge fan of the rusticated look, nor of the apple shape, but for some reason when they came together in this pipe, I had to have it.

Everyone: Thanks for the well wishes. Last time I was there I remember seeing a few folks with hookahs and thinking to myself "damn, why didn't I bring a pipe?" Well, they won't catch me off guard again this time!

:cheers:

7. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

LL,

Keep'em lit and come back safe.

dp

8. Falconeer

Falconeer Active Member

Hi All,

Nice pipes, some exceedingly nice tobacco - I'm a big fan of the Navy Flake myself. Be safe and hope the time goes in quickly for you,

Best

Gerry

9. freestoke

freestoke Member

:thumb:

I smoked this a LOT in college. My first "go to smoke" in the dorm my first year. You could see them running out the door when I lit up. I love one of the reviews on tobaccoreviews on "room note": Overwhelming. :roflmao:

Maybe not that bad, but I'm totally amazed that some rated it "Very Pleasant". AIEEE!!!

Anyhow, best of luck!

Jim

10. freestoke

freestoke Member

11. t-bear

t-bear Active Member

Take care LL, and thanks for your service! Watch your six, enjoy the briar and weed......come home SAFE! We'll be right here when you do...saving your seat at the table.

12. Major

Major Member

The Bjarne sure is a great looking pipe indeed. You say these were found on your doorstep which means to me you didn't order them. Thus we can deduce Mr. Watson that someone bought them, mailed/or had them mailed too you. Hence we can further deduce that that someone ( or more ) thinks highly of you. Yes maybe even quite fond of you to the point of love. NICE!

From a veteran 0-4 retired from from Minot ND. Thank you for your service to the people of this country. WE are proud of you indeed and if you need anything at all during your deployment I'm sure that it can be fulfilled just by posting your request here.

Salute

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.