Major Dilemma here - need help/input- 8 oz esoterica order

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by Eric Pierson, Jun 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rondel65

rondel65 Misplaces Lighters

Never tried Tillbury. I have a 2 oz. tin in my celler. Your making me want to crack that tin.

nesta likes this.

2. dwaugh

dwaugh Moderator Moderator

I agree with the folks who suggested it was a factory mistake; ie. someone just put a wrong label on the bag and then corrected it with another label. It sounds like the vendor did all they could to correct the situation.

nesta likes this.
  3. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

If you like Virginia, I'd recommend it. Tilbury is about my favorite VA blend, personally.

Eric Pierson likes this.
  4. Eric Pierson

Eric Pierson Resident Giant

Oh yeah, smoked it earlier than I thought I would. It was still a little wet, but it was still great. I love this stuff.

5. SmokeyJoe

SmokeyJoe Active Member

"Hey Bill, I just finished a Tilbury run but that jackwagon intern forgot to pull the Pembroke bags from the last run"
    "No sweat Charlie, just slap the Tilbury labels on 'em. We're so far behind, those shoulda been shipped yesterday"

psquared likes this.
  6. jdto

jdto Active Member

Good news!

7. RodneyWT1180B

RodneyWT1180B Member

Glad it worked out for you. Looks like the factory just used the wrong bag and re-labeled those ones for whatever reason.
    Rodney

8. rondel65

Received 8oz bag of Tillbury from Cup O' Joes today. No ghosting on this label.

Eric Pierson likes this.
  9. Eric Pierson

I just thought I would update everyone here that Germain did respond, and pretty promply, apologizing for the problem. They requested the serial number on the bag to look into what they hoped was just a labeling error. I replied by bringing them up to date on the current status and told them I would dig the bag out of the garbage and get the numbers to them for quality control purposes. Hmm, my gut feeling is that they would have stepped up to the plate if there was a problem. I must say their reaction to my email was different than I was led to believe it would be from my conversation with P & C.

jdto and rondel65 like this.
  10. rondel65

Things that make you go"Hmmmm."

11. Dubble Bubble

Dubble Bubble Member

I recently had an experience like that happen with a different company. They offered to take it back and pay for shipping. Turns out it was a deal where the shipping department had to put there own sticker on the tobacco box just to be sure they were the same and a picker number was on the receipt for further verification but I accidentally threw that out.

This tells me that mistakes are common or at least not unheard of but even then stuff happens. So if they offered to take it back then I would of given them the benefit of the doubt as when I have ordered from P&C they have given me good service. Now whether to open the box or not I did. It's hard not to.

12. Eric Pierson

I thought I would update to all of you an act of kindness by P & C with regard to the same order. My last back ordered piece from P & C came and was the wrong tin due to an error on their part. I just got off the phone and they told me that I could keep the erroneously sent 2 oz. tin and they would send me the correct tin.

JoeSmall and Smokey Tom like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.