mandatory stupid question

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by loaf, Jul 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. adryazad

adryazad Member

The starter kit looks good, especially the first one with the rusticated bowl.

I don't think there's a right or wrong thing to do when buying your first pipe. Saving up for a better one, or buying a starter kit. For me, i bought a pete as a first pipe, and damn well nearly ruined it as i didn't have anyone to go to for tips on smoking it/ breaking it in.. (before i found this lovely forum). If you're a cigarette smoker, yu might be puffing way to fast and hard and overheating the wood...

anyway, i think that this is a good place to start before you decide to buy your pipe. Sasquatch penned a pretty good article which i wished i read before my purchase.

here's the link

CLICK ME!

2. GabrielKnight

GabrielKnight Member

It's only my 2nd post but just wanted to say that I made my 1st ever tobac order today and used Greens of Leeds. They didn't appear until the 2nd Google page of a search like 'buy pipe tobacco UK' but for whatever reason I prefered the selection and local shop feel. The lady on the phone was really nice. Out of the 6 tobacs I wanted, 1 was completely out of stock, but she knew this instantly as well as when new stock was expected. There was another that wasn't available in the tin, but she knew within a minute that she had some as loose. Cheapish recorded delivery. If it arrives within 2 day I'll probably use the same co. again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.